New Lag Issue..humm...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lag Issue..humm...

My ping is 35 right? Well my game "jumps" like I can run for a few seconds, completely SKIPS ALL ANIMATION and i end up somewhere totally different all of a sudden. It happens like: 3 seconds fine, 2 seconds skip, 3 fine, 2 skip. I don't know why.

It help to use the old pb_sleep 500 trick but that only surpresses it for a few minutes and it acts up again. I updated PunkBuster manually.

Specs are fine, never ahd problems before, might have to do with the artifacting I've been having lately? [see other post I made]

So any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. it's not lag as in "ur connection effed you over" type lag, I can play and shoot fine, but jump forward a few feet, and it keeps that up for a few minutes and then stops with/without pb_sleep 500.:salute:

Re: New Lag Issue..humm...

Originally posted by EasyDelta
    My ping is 35 right? Well my game "jumps" like I can run for a few seconds, completely SKIPS ALL ANIMATION and i end up somewhere totally different all of a sudden. It happens like: 3 seconds fine, 2 seconds skip, 3 fine, 2 skip. I don't know why.

It help to use the old pb_sleep 500 trick but that only surpresses it for a few minutes and it acts up again. I updated PunkBuster manually.

Specs are fine, never ahd problems before, might have to do with the artifacting I've been having lately? [see other post I made]

So any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. it's not lag as in "ur connection effed you over" type lag, I can play and shoot fine, but jump forward a few feet, and it keeps that up for a few minutes and then stops with/without pb_sleep 500.:salute:
    Artifacts are usual a sign of overheating, make sure your pc dust free inside.
    Just blow it out with compressed air. Especially your psu..

Ive seen your problem on my screen also. Only i doubt if it has anything to do with the artifacting. It was gone after i reinstalled windows..

Try it. report back.. (the compressed air thing ok)

Comment

Re-install windows? Jesus thats taking it kinda far lol..

Comment

Originally posted by EasyDelta View Post
        Re-install windows? Jesus thats taking it kinda far lol..
        Well i had more issues with windows.

I takes about 45 min to reinstall, i have everything backup'd externally..

Love my Raptor..

Comment

lol I need a new card soon -.- So is it possibly just the comp as a whole over heating or specifically the processor or sumthing you think? it's never done this before thats why I'm kinda confuzzled..

Comment

Could be that your computer needs a defrag. Deleting the cache files may fix it up as well.

Lots of good suggestions can be found at http://bf2lag.com.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyDelta
              lol I need a new card soon -.- So is it possibly just the comp as a whole over heating or specifically the processor or sumthing you think? it's never done this before thats why I'm kinda confuzzled..
              Especially your gfx card i think...

Just blow the dust out, try it. Those few degrees higher are really a factor with graphics cards and artifacting.

Anyways, dont worry. There are a lot of ways to sort the problem out..

It is a laptop, hmm sorry... Thats harder to blow it out yah.. Easyest way then is updating drivers.. But Ati cant keep that damn Vista up.. You need to wait for better drivers..

It's sh*t to say dude, but at this time you get a LOT more laptop with XP installed on it..

Comment

LOL. It is possible to revert backwards to XP Home Edition right? I just need to back up ma shiz correcto?

Comment

yep... You'll see that your games run a lot smoother.. Drivers are also much easyer to find..

I'm experimenting with Vista right now.. I split my harddrive virtually in halve.
                  So now i got a multiboot while booting. Just need to select the right system.. Maybe something for you too..

Im loosing about 20% framerates in BF.. need to upgrade my rig with atleast 1 more gb to sort that out.. Vista s*cks at this time..

BUT, we gonna need it when Xbox users are able to join windows servers...:wall: Won't take long anymore...

Comment

Sounds like a case of extremely low FPS to me. Does the sound stutter/skip?

Comment

The sound is fine actually. FPS I dunno how to check lol...

But what would lag it like that? All background tasks [AV included] are closed, anything sapping bandwidth too. My ping is 35 like I said, it jsut RANDOMLY skips for minutes at a time and that can mean alot in a heated match ya kno..

I really need help guys..

Comment

Originally posted by EasyDelta View Post
                        The sound is fine actually. FPS I dunno how to check lol...
                        Open console, type, "renderer.drawfps 1"

Comment

Ooohhh I had forgot lol.. I'll try it later when it happens and see. What's normal?

Comment

30fps = movies, RTS games, anything either pre-rendered or slow-paced
                            60fps = minimum needed for fluid gameplay (in FPS games, subjective depending on your own eyes and perception)
                            85fps = fluidity (for most, this is the refresh rate which is the maximum percievable framerate)
                            85+fps = bliss, superb input timing also (FPS does more than just visual effects in my experience).

Comment

Working...
                            X