need help with battlerecorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with battlerecorder

On most of the files in my battlerecorder library it says the server refuses to send the file or the file could not be found...why. i could only find one working one...also when i used it i couldnt figure it out. what are the controls for recorder? when i right click it chooses some random person for me how do i choose which person to select and what are all the other controls?

Re: need help with battlerecorder

When it shows server refused to send the file or file not found its because the server doesn't have BR setup correctly. All our servers for BF2/2142/PR have BR setup correctly though you need to remember servers only store a certain amount of BR files. We store 100-200 BR files per server which equates to the number of rounds. Once it exceeds the stored number it will start to overwrite them. So you need to get in quick to get your BR files. To make sure you get them play a round, wait for the next round to load, then hit esc goto the community tab and then download it.

Battlefield 2: BattleRecorder

The following commands can be used to control the game replay and camera in a recorded demo. (Note: the term "Demo" depicts the recording itself)

Q – opens the Playback Rose. Move the mouse to highlight the desired playback option and press the Left Mouse Button to select. Options available here that are not bound to separate keys include "Restart" and "Quit".
    T – opens the Camera Rose. Choose the camera option or cycle through the available players.
    1 – Pause the playback (also available in the Playback Rose).
    2 – Playback recorded session at normal speed (also available in the Playback Rose).
    3 – Playback recorded session at 5% of normal speed (also available in the Playback Rose).
    4 – Playback recorded session at 25% of normal speed (also available in the Playback Rose).
    5 – Playback recorded session at 50% of normal speed (also available in the Playback Rose).
    6 – Playback recorded session at normal speed (also available in the Playback Rose).
    7 – Playback recorded session at 150% of normal speed (also available in the Playback Rose).
    8 – Playback recorded session at 300% of normal speed (also available in the Playback Rose).
    Spacebar – cycle between players.
    Right Mouse Button – cycle between free camera and player camera.
    Mouse wheel – zoom camera in and out when locked onto a player.
    W, A, S, D, Ctrl and Shift – move free camera around map, forward, left, backwards, right, down and up.
    Mouse look – aim free camera.

Basic Rendering Instructions
    Playing back a demo outside the client and recording your camera movements
    This mode lets you record a camera path to go with a demo recording so that they can be played back together. The camera works exactly as described in the instructions above but all movements you make are recorded.
    If working from the machine that recorded the demo, drop the demo.cmd file provided with this update (click here to download the demo.cmd file) into the root of the Battlefield 2 install folder.
    If working from a client that has downloaded a demo from the game’s front end:
    Create a "Demos" folder in the root of the game install folder.
    Move the demos you wish to render from into the demos folder from their normal location in you’re my Documents folder.
    Drop the demo.cmd folder found below into the root of the game install folder.
    Launch the demo recording as follows
    Launch the Command Prompt and browse to the game’s install directory.
    E.g. type "cd c:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2" and hit ENTER
    Type "demo.cmd +c " and press enter.
    E.g. "demo.cmd +c mydemo mydemocam" will record a Demos\mydemocam.bf2cam for demo Demos\mydemo.bf2demo
    Before quitting the game, wait for the message 'camera file closed' in the console or the camera file will be broken.
    Playing back a demo with pre-recorded camera movements
    This mode combines the previous steps and shows you a take with both the demo and camera tracks active.
    Launch the game as follows: demo.cmd
    To watch the demo with the default recorded camera use: demo.cmd -def
    Rendering images to disk
    This mode writes out an AVI file to disk based on a demo file and a recorded camera file.
    Launch the game as follows: demo.cmd +r
    A dialog box pops up where you can select encoder (Xvid or Divx is recommended) and the quality settings for that encoder.
    If you want to stop rendering before the end of the demo, press 'R'
    Capturing sound
    This mode tries to set up an ideal environment for recording sound.
    Launch the game as follows: demo.cmd +s
    Use external recording software to capture the sound from the playback.

Comment

thank you very much! jsut one more question but it might have been in there, how do i turn off all the red and blue name displays?

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
        We store 100-200 BR files per server which equates to the number of rounds. Once it exceeds the stored number it will start to overwrite them.
        That's gotta be a pretty hefty size, right? :hmm:

Comment

Working...
        X