my server name appears in red?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my server name appears in red?

I'm trying to run a dedicated server on my pc but my server name appears in red. I can't connect to the map I'm hosting (Tampa Highway). I installed the 1.41 server file and also installed the map in the server folder. Everything seems to be in place. When I fail to connect and get a window with something about "check my network connections"?

I think it's something simple I'm missing... I hope!

Thanks for any help!

Re: my server name appears in red?

Do you have Highway Tampa on your computer?

Can other people join it?

Comment

can you host other maps? if you can redownload tampa.

Comment

I have Tampa on my PC, I play it often lately. I have the map in my server map folder, it also appears in the on-line server listings but my server appears in "red". Other players won't be able to connect yet, it has a password. When I get the server going I will invite others.

I can't host other maps either....

Comment

Originally posted by senes View Post
          I have Tampa on my PC, I play it often lately. I have the map in my server map folder, it also appears in the on-line server listings but my server appears in "red". Other players won't be able to connect yet, it has a password. When I get the server going I will invite others.

I can't host other maps either....
          check your firewalls and all that stuff. Something must be wrong with your connection.

Comment

I'm not sure how this pertains to what you're doing, but I'll throw it out there anyway....

I run an ftp server on another machine on my network...pretty easy to open it up, log in and drag and drop whatever I need between the 3 computers. If I were to try and connect to my ftp server using my external IP address (the one that my ISP provides me) I would get nowhere. However, connecting to the "internal" IP address works fine (ie. 192.168.1.5). If I want to FTP into the server from the machine running the FTP server then I have to use ftp://localhost instead of an IP at all.

My point: if you're trying to connect to the external IP showing up in the game browser then you might be having problems. If you can connect by IP using the "local" address then this might be the answer to your problem. If not then sorry for wasting the time it took to read this...

Comment

VT Nerd is right. You have to connect to the server using your inside IP, but everyone else connects to it using your outside IP.

For it to appear in red usually means the server is running a different version than what you have on the client.

Comment

I'd say it'd pretty weird for your IP to accept a connection from your IP

Comment

Well, problem was with IP configuration. Server is now OK for everyone but me... I still can't connect.

Thanks for the responses!

Comment

How are you connecting? Did you try connecting by IP using your local IP address like I was talking about?

Comment

Sorry for the delayed thanks... I've been AFK. Yes, the local IP was the key issue. I can now host/play on the same computer.

Thanks again for the help!

Comment

Try using something like Hamachai (SP) to host.

Comment

Originally posted by hitman283 View Post
                          Try using something like Hamachai (SP) to host.
                          Hamachi is good for a private server but not if he wants it to be public.

Comment

Working...
                          X