Knife Whiffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knife Whiffs

What is up with the knife...poof of smoke...no kill?!

Several times lately I've had to knife twice to get the kill. Often someone will pwn me while I am going for the "second stab".

I know it works both ways and that I've probably been saved by the same thing, but WTF?!

Re: Knife Whiffs

The knife actually kills if u are a little further back from the enemy than u think u need to be.

There a thread about it somewhere explaining it, it bascially says that when u get too close to the enemy the knife stab is not being counted as hitting the body its hitting past the body.

Comment

I always stab twice......or just use the paddles, much more effective!

Comment

Always happens to me, which is why I only use the paddles now, knife in rare circumstances.

Comment

TBH I start to think nothing makes sense in bf2... the whole game is like an altar to illogicality. You can kill someone with one stab in the foot yet a gun to the head takes like 5 bullets....

Comment

I had an odd encounter with somebody and a knife. I hit them with the knife, I let up on the fire button and clicked/held it almost immediately after. He was dead before my second swing. So my thought about that is, maybe you need to hold the fire button down...?

Haven't tested that though.

Comment

Hit boxes have never worked properly. Welcome to 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanDad View Post
                TBH I start to think nothing makes sense in bf2... the whole game is like an altar to illogicality. You can kill someone with one stab in the foot yet a gun to the head takes like 5 bullets....
                Gameplay > Realism

I get that so much times, i only pull out my knife unless ill know ill catch them >3 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
                  I had an odd encounter with somebody and a knife. I hit them with the knife, I let up on the fire button and clicked/held it almost immediately after. He was dead before my second swing. So my thought about that is, maybe you need to hold the fire button down...?

Haven't tested that though.
                  I just tested this, and it worked. I don't know if I killed him because I kept my crosshair on him or I held down the left mouse though.

Comment

its because of lag most of the time.

Comment

i wish in bf2 you could snap people necks from behind them!

Comment

Originally posted by steppenwolf428
                        i wish in bf2 you could snap people necks from behind them!
                        lol I could imagine that animation.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaz888 View Post
                          What is up with the knife...poof of smoke...no kill?!

Several times lately I've had to knife twice to get the kill. Often someone will pwn me while I am going for the "second stab".

I know it works both ways and that I've probably been saved by the same thing, but WTF?!
                          To be honest....I haven't had that problem....but anymore I like sneaking up on someone and putting 5 rounds in the back of their head....sadistic I know...but it makes me laugh....

Comment

the guys screen would turn around no matter what he did "dude i was sniping then my head suddenly turned to the left and i was dead" "then i got teabagged"

Comment

I don't really get the hit box problem with knives as much as I used to. I SUCK with paddles though, so I just use them for reviving. I don't know why, but I just can't hit people with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X