Question about AA (graphics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about AA (graphics)

I have a killer rig....i got a 22" widescreen. now....my graphics look like crap.

Even if i force the widescreen resolution and crank the aa and af to the max everything on the horizon is jagged. the radio towers and stuff look like legos.

All i want to know is, Why? Is it because the game does not support widescreen and that causes the aa not to work right? Or, do bf2 graphics just suck??

Anybody know?

Re: Question about AA (graphics)

bf2 has problems with widescreen, there may be a workaround but I don't know what.

Comment

workaround?...i cant imagine what it would be.

Even if i use the target code to force 1680x1050, the aa still doesent seem to do any good at all for objects far off. radio towers etc... I have turned on and off all the settings on my vid card.. i run 8xs aa and 16x af and i swear it looks like crap...my friend runs lesser settings on a crt and the game looks awsome.

im pissed, as i do not have room for a crt here. :dead:

Comment

post a pic? and maybe sometimes AA turns itself off...coud be happening to u

Comment

My aa is on. i can see it close up when i change settings. Its things out at a distence thats fugly. radio towers and rails look like they are on low and have no aa on without zoom. when i look at them with a sniper scope, they look fine...just like im standing next to them.

Comment

Modify your shortcut target to look like this (unless your BF2 dir. is different than default);
            Code:
            "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050
            It sounds like the resolution you're running BF2 at is smaller than your screen resolution.

edit: If you've already done that, you may need to restart BF2 for the settings to take effect.

That's all I can think of now... :hmm:

Comment

I used +widescreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050 and it seems to be a lot better then it was.

Comment

wasn't there a thread somewhere about widescreen?

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanDad View Post
                  wasn't there a thread somewhere about widescreen?

Yep.

Comment

Working...
                  X