Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlefield 2 and 1942 crash whenever I start them (HELP!!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2 and 1942 crash whenever I start them (HELP!!!!)

My specs are:

3.4GHz Dual Core Pentium D CPU 1GB RAM
    ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB (considering upgrading if this is the problem)
    40GB HDD
    320GB HDD

I've got the retail version of Battlefield 1942 and 2 (not pirated, it's all mine) and I've got the same setup as I did last time before I reformatted, so it can't be due to hardware problems (I don't think).

Every time I open up Battlefield 2 it will come up EA GAMES, go to the DICE Logo, come up the Battlefield 2 logo and then just before the openning movie starts it goes black, then goes to the desktop. A similar thing happens with Battlefield 1942 except as soon as I open it, the tank logo comes up and then it just crashes (doesn't even start to run). I haven't tried Vietnam (don't really care for it) and 2142 manages to open but whenever I get into a game the graphics turn really weird and I can't click DONE because there is no curser (I can select a class but it's like a DVD menu, there is no curser).

I have over 20 games and Battlefield is the only game that seems to have a problem except for Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption but that has an error message so it's not just a crash/stop error like this. P.S. with Star Wars it's only the expansion pack, not the full game that does this.

Re: Battlefield 2 and 1942 crash whenever I start them (HELP!!!!)

Do you have Steam installed as well?
    Have you signed up to the community beta?

Comment

how much ram do you have?

Comment

Try replacing your radeon with a friend's gfx card (if possible) and see what happens...

Comment

I have 1GB of RAM
          I have Steam.. don't really see how this applies. What's community beta?

The thing is, before I reformatted last they all worked perfectly, and there hasn't been one single hardware change since then. I'm using the same driver update file as I did before my last reformat (the time that it worked perfectly) but It's not working now. I've tried downloading a new one from the ATI website but when I try to install it, it says there's an error. If you people narrow it down and say the ONLY thing that could be causing it is my graphics card, then I will buy a new one because mine is a bit outdated (almost 2 years since I got it, plus the fact it was out for quite away before I got it). I'm really looking into getting an NVidia.

Comment

Working...
          X