Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• of Chyruss and an Inconvenience

Hey, watch out for this dude he usually hangs out @
    24/7 Karkand Infantry FF=OFF; in a recent game he took issue with our commander for spotting enermy and spend the whole game C4'ing our commander.

Situation: US forces just lost control of the suburbs, without any flags a contingent of 2 squads made a flanking push for the cement factory, UAV remained over the Hotel, while commander spotted out enemy defending the cement factory. Here was when it got ugly for us, as our commander got C4'ed, for spotting enermy out for us. Needless to say we got beaten bad without effective command & control.

Next game; Chyruss commanded & was so annoying as he berated individual squads for not following orders. In the end I could hear and see fustrated SL yelling back at commander. Orders were nonsensical and confusing. What a total waste of space, making us losing 2 good games in a row due to actions of a stupid individual.

Hey anyone else with amusing stories of misplaced individuals in servers out to make an inconvenience of themselves for others please share, so that we can avoid? Plenty of other good players out there in this community so we need not suffer fools.

Re: of Chyruss and an Inconvenience

I learned very quickly early on that no one likes a commander who constantly spots enemies not shown on the UAV.:cussing:

Oh bother...

I also learned if one or two enemies are trying to take back flags its alright to spot them and let the other SL's know about it.
    :salute:

Comment

I usually voip information about enemy movement to my squads. I don't really know if this is appreciated.
      Reactions are between "can you comand the next round again" and "shut up".

Spotting enemies is a delicate issue. Don't spot too much. Spot important enemies that are sneaking up to a flag, a sniper or the enemy commander (can be very usefull!)

FipZ

Comment

There was strong support to remove the voice alerts for spotting from the game in a patch. But they didn't. The idea was to replace it with a visual alert, something like the red damage flash to show direction.

But lots of spotting would even make that annoying. Maybe a yellow flash on the minimap border, and on the side the enemy is relative to you would be best.

In a tight game spotting is critical. Many players have VOIP turned off, and often players have squadmates talking in game, friends / players on teamspeak or ventrilo, then the commander on game voip too.

Comment

I had this one commander on kubra, well, he had good intentions, telling people where to go and whatnot, but he was telling people that:

A) Were not SLs
          B) Not even in a squad

I pointed that out to him, and he continually ignored my requests for assets.

Comment

Huh, you don't need to be SL or SM to follow orders.
            I think it's OK to give squadless players some orders. They may follow them or not.
            Last is more common.

Comment

Originally posted by ElFipso View Post
              Huh, you don't need to be SL or SM to follow orders.
              I think it's OK to give squadless players some orders. They may follow them or not.
              Last is more common.
              ...uhh... he was using in-game VOIP, commanders can only talk and give orders to SL's without typing: fips, get over to the intake flag and take it back! In turn SL if he accepts the order from the commander, by pressing pageup, gives the order to the squad members.

Point is he was using VOIP needlessly and in futileness, it was really annoyingm hearing "X dude watch your back, you're gonna get knifed!" and "OMG I told you ^#%#$%%^%$&$". <<< THE GUY HE WAS REFERRING TO WAS NOT A SQUAD LEADER OR IN A SQUAD.

Comment

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood, I thought he was maybe typing the orders.

Comment

It sucks when that happens, but honestly, leave and go elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Joukowski View Post
                    Situation: US forces just lost control of the suburbs, without any flags a contingent of 2 squads made a flanking push for the cement factory, UAV remained over the Hotel, while commander spotted out enemy defending the cement factory.
                    Spotting an enemy isn't a bad thing but when a commander spots things to the point that you can't hear anything else, that is when it becomes a problem. Also one thing I will never understand is why commanders feel the need to keep the UAV over the hotel flag when a squad has pushed to Cement or any other flag for that matter. The UAV would help that squad more. I see this all the time and will never understand it. That and why so many people will continue to try to take the Hotel flag instead of going to another flag.

Comment

Yep, initially I always put UAV on Hotel, in a way it covers the way to suburb and train accident as well.
                      If someone tries to go to another flag than hotel he'll get UAV asap.
                      I also scan and voip the presence of enemies at flagpoints, like "two enemies at suburb, three at train, the rest at hotel!" or "suburb is clear".

A lot of times I'm ignored by squads. But sometimes it get's going and we have a really good game. You need win-orientated squads though - rarely seen on Karkand

Comment

Originally posted by ElFipso View Post
                        You need win-orientated squads though - rarely seen on Karkand
                        Rarely seen anywhere.

I don't think it's that they don't want to win. I think it's that they are so used to having bad commanders that just tune the person out. I have had situations before where I would get a request for supplies or UAV and I would VOIP that it's recharging, 15 seconds; just to let them no when they will get it. It has taken a lot of squad leaders by surprise "wow a commander that actually helps". Usually turn into great rounds.

Comment

Hey, watch out for this dude he usually hangs out @
                          24/7 Karkand Infantry FF=OFF; in a recent game he took issue with our commander for spotting enermy and spend the whole game C4'ing our commander.
                          That's very specific. Because there's only one of those.

Comment

Hey, I think with a team of 32 players, a commander won't please everyone.

Personally, I prefer the commander spot enermy out, as for me, saying 3 enermy @ the cement factory does not help me very much. furthermore I have to then relay this to my squad. With spotting everyone sees their defensive position, their movements, if they're above me, & if theres a sniper in the group, claymores shall be a real possibility so i'll be wary of popping out around corners.... etc

3/4 of the players I've come across thinks the commanders does a bad job no matter who or how good he is. Remember he's got to dedicate his time to all 32 players so cannot baby sit one squad through the game. I agreed with keeping the UAV over the hotel as that's your main objective and where the concentration of your forces are. Remember its a frontal attack & granade war taking the hotel, and any SL knows you can lose a lot of guys if you're moving in blind.

But back to our man Chyruss: would you be crazy enough to seek out your own commander on the field to c4 to send him sailing thru the air so he can't spot nor put up UAVs?

I think most people right in the head wouldn't.

Comment

But back to our man Chyruss: would you be crazy enough to seek out your own commander on the field to c4 to send him sailing thru the air so he can't spot nor put up UAVs?
                              TBQH, I've done that several times. Usually when I have a blistering headache and his constant spotting isn't making it any better.

Comment

Working...
                              X