Cant set on "Ultra High" in BF2 sound options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant set on "Ultra High" in BF2 sound options

I just bouth a new sound card: Sound Blaster x-fi xtreme audio but when i select it in BF2 audio options i get the error "Your sound hardware is incompatible with the settings you have selected. Please reset your audio settings to the deffault settings in ordrer to hear sound and music"

And from reviews i've red ppl say that they can turn on "Ultra High with this card"

Also: Anyone know how do i cange from "Entertaiment mode"?? I cant find an option anywhere.

Re: Cant set on "Ultra High" in BF2 sound options

Yeah I dont know if you can run ultra high or not, but if you can it needs to be in game mode which should be on the audio console.

Comment

Hate to tell you this but the card you bought that while it may be called X-Fi, has nothing in common with a X-Fi; and never should have been called a X-Fi. All the Xtreme Audio basically is is a renamed Audigy SE, which in turn is nothing more than a renamed Sound Blaster Live 24 bit (and all a POS)

And from reviews i've red ppl say that they can turn on "Ultra High with this card"
      Would like to see these reviews. That card doesn't have the EMU20K2 chip on it (also known as the X-Fi chip), and as a result all processing is done in software and by the cpu. Also means that you will never see ultra settings ion BF2 or Game Mode that is supported on the rest of the X-Fi's.

Comment

You are screwed with that card , I don't even think it supports EAX !!

Comment

XtremeMusic isn't XtremeAudio. Completely different cards.

Comment

Originally posted by HateKILLLâ„¢
            You are screwed with that card , I don't even think it supports EAX !!
            Actually it does,

Shop online at creative.com for wireless speakers and computer soundbars, Bluetooth headphones, Sound Blaster sound cards, gaming headsets. Free shipping on orders over $35.

but only up to EAX4, and like I said previously only in software. As far as ultra goes the card needs to support EAX5 which ATM is any X-Fi but the Xtreme Audio (the X-Mod doesn't count), and the soon to be released Auzentech Prelude.

Comment

Just spended the last 4-5 hours reading about my card on various forums and found out that it doesnt have a game mode. And it doesnt support EAX games.. And has bad mic support.. And that its not a gaming card.. And its not an X-Fi.. And it sucks balls. So im bringing that pos to the store where i bouth it and shoving it down the troat to a guy who said that it works for BF2.

Originally posted by Stormy{CAN} View Post
              Would like to see these reviews. That card doesn't have the EMU20K2 chip on it (also known as the X-Fi chip), and as a result all processing is done in software and by the cpu. Also means that you will never see ultra settings ion BF2 or Game Mode that is supported on the rest of the X-Fi's.
              Those reviews were on the Creative site.. Now i will never ever, EVER think that something is has good quality just coz some "customers" wrote that its exelent on the Official site..

Comment

I wish someone pulled a class action lawsuit on Creative, they used to be good with the 8-bit SBs, but they're utter trash now. Monopolistic trash. Like Microsoft, too bad.

Comment

^ Owned.

Comment

I just ordered the Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer Low-profile PCI card. Does anyone here use it? If yes is it any good?

Comment

The XtremeGamer is designed to take over from the XtremeMusic (as production of it is ending). It has almost all the same features and will perform exactly the same in BF2.

Comment

What is the difference between high and ultra high audio settings?

Comment

Originally posted by Jage[FIN] View Post
                          What is the difference between high and ultra high audio settings?
                          The only one's that can honestly answer that question is someone that went from an Audigy (1, 2 or 4) to an X-Fi (and not the XtremeAudio).

Comment

I believe the difference is that there are a number of sounds that you can hear at once.

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk
                              I believe the difference is that there are a number of sounds that you can hear at once.
                              Onboard sound - up to EAX2, and up to 32 voices (the latest may be capable of up to 64) and all software based (sound processing done on the cpu)

Audigy SE/LS/DE/Value (and the Sound Blaster Live 24 bit and X-Fi XtremeAudio) -up to EAX4 with the newest drivers, 32 or 64 voices depending on model, all software based.

Audigy 1, 2 and 4 - up to EAX4, 64 voices, hardware based

X-Fi (all models except the XtremeAudio) - up to EAX5, 128 voices, hardware based.

Auzentech cards - depends on the model but all do up to EAX2 (the new Prelude is the same as the X-Fi); 32, 64 or 128 voices depending on model, all software based.

There is more to the specs than that, but should give a general idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X