how to add a range of ports in firewall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to add a range of ports in firewall

in the BF2 Community Tech FAQ there was a range of ports to open in the firewall, specifically 1500-4999 but how do i enter this whole range into the port number tab, it doesn't allow me to enter dash (-) colon ( or anything other than numbers.

Re: how to add a range of ports in firewall

* bump*..yeah i wanna kno how to do this too

Comment

Originally posted by ToneDog View Post
      in the BF2 Community Tech FAQ there was a range of ports to open in the firewall, specifically 1500-4999 but how do i enter this whole range into the port number tab, it doesn't allow me to enter dash (-) colon ( or anything other than numbers.
      portfoward.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, portfoward.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

It will tell you step by step how to open/forward ports to your PC.

Comment

great... my router is not supported for bf2 according to them even though i had it going before, i guess calling ISP is the last resort

edit: it should be portforward

Comment

toooo be honest it wouldnt be a good idea opening that many ports.. so many entrances for virus/trojans to get in,

Comment

Shouldn't need to open any ports unless you trying to run a server.

Comment

ahh now im confused. so we dont need to open ports?

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
                ahh now im confused. so we dont need to open ports?
                I have never had to open any port to play any game, unless I was trying to run a server for said game.

Comment

Originally posted by ToneDog View Post
                  great... my router is not supported for bf2 according to them even though i had it going before, i guess calling ISP is the last resort

edit: it should be portforward
                  If I understand correctly, you can't play bf2 online at the moment?
                  And, do you connect to the internet with a modem or a router? not all modems are suitable for online gaming, however with a router you can do pretty much anything.

Comment

my router worked before, I've been playing on the same router since BF2 was released, but I recently moved and I'm getting internet connection from a different ISP now. The website you provided indicate my router does not have sufficient customization capability to edit ports (could be due to cheapo software?) but I've heard my ISP can do it from their end.

Comment

So wait: why do you want to open ports? to play bf2? or something else?
                      and yes if you can't configure your router it really is (I'm sorry to say) a piece of crap.
                      Try the following.
                      start menu
                      programs
                      accessories
                      command prompt
                      type 'ipconfig' without the ' '
                      copy the numbers next to 'default gateway', should be something like 192.168.0.1
                      open internet explorer, in the url bar type http:// followed by that number you copied.

Now what happens? can you take a screenshot and post it?

Comment

my vista doesn't allow me to open ipconfig, the dos window shuts right after it opens, ive tried opening it with all of the options in properties. I've tried opening my router through 192.168.1.0 or something like that, I did what ur site said and it doesn't help.

Anyways I'm quitting on this. Moving into university res next week, I hear people there are having bf2 tournaments which means I shouldn't have problem playing there.

Comment

Working...
                        X