Installing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing

Does any one know how i can install BF2 Twice as in 2 completely separate BF's so i can Modify one of them but use the other to play online still?

im sorry if this in the wrong place or has already been ask but i searched and couldnt find anything.

Many thanks
    SuicidalSim

Re: Installing

Backup the HKLM\Software\EA Games registry key (export it) and then delete it, rename the already installed BF2 folder, install a new copy of BF2 (same location as old one before renaming), and finally, run the exported.reg file, rename the new BF2 folder to something else, and rename the existing folder to whatever it was before.

If you want to simply modify BF2 for singleplayer/offline mode, it's even simpler. I think BF2Editor does this all automatically, but I had trouble getting that to work. Create a new folder with whatever name in C:\Whatever\BF2\Mods\, and make a file called "mod.desc", with the text:

Originally posted by mod.desc contents
    <mod>
    <title> Your Mod Name </title>
    <desc> Your Mod Description </desc>
    <url> http://www.yourmodsite.com </url>
    <logo> mod.jpg </logo>
    <icon> mod_icon.jpg </icon>
    <music> common/sound/menu/music/menu_music.ogg </music>
    <version> 0.1 </version>
    <default_soldier_template> us_light_soldier </default_soldier_template>
    <default_soldier_kit_template> us_specops </default_soldier_kit_template>
    <parentmod> bf2 </parentmod>
    </mod>
    Then copy the serverarchives.con and clientarchives.con from C:\Whatever\BF2\Mods\BF2 to that folder.

You then have to add the necessary lines to mount your custom objects_server.zip files to clientarchives.con and serverarchives.con, more if you plan on editing client side crap like effects.

Comment

Re: Installing

Comment

Working...
      X