Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How the heck to you get 40-44 kills IAR as a ground pounder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the heck to you get 40-44 kills IAR as a ground pounder?

I have 8 veteran badges that could all be expert if I could only get 40 kills IAR in Vanilla and 44 kills IAR in SF, but I am finding it almost impossible to get over 30 as a ground pounder!!!

How are you guys getting the high numbers?

I notice most helo gunners and planes get up there on kills....sometimes armor can get close, but for a foot soldier I am about to give up!! I have even tried playing on 64 servers with few players and I get close (mid thirties) but it still does not get me to the over 40 mark.

And I absolutely refuse to hack or cheat!!!

Any advise?

Re: How the heck to you get 40-44 kills IAR as a ground pounder?

Originally posted by kulamonster3
    I have 8 veteran badges that could all be expert if I could only get 40 kills IAR in Vanilla and 44 kills IAR in SF, but I am finding it almost impossible to get over 30 as a ground pounder!!!

How are you guys getting the high numbers?

I notice most helo gunners and planes get up there on kills....sometimes armor can get close, but for a foot soldier I am about to give up!! I have even tried playing on 64 servers with few players and I get close (mid thirties) but it still does not get me to the over 40 mark.

And I absolutely refuse to hack or cheat!!!

Any advise?
    learn and embrace whoring the j-10 on a 32 player server

Comment

Warlord / Ghost / Mass IO

low numbers, about 10 - 15 on a 64 map

and being good with your rifle / nades

Comment

Karkand + Hill + Grenades = Win!

Comment

• Medic
          • Karkand
          • Infantry Only
          • Less than 25 players on a 64 player map.

The easiest way to get >40 kills whilst groundpounding IMO. If you have trouble doing that, you just need more experience in the game.

Comment

Dont listen to them, you want a full 64 player server. Yeah its gonna take luck if your inexperienced, but i bet in a few rounds of practicing, being on edge, having your gun at the ready and not grenades, youll get plenty of kills. 40 Isnt always easy to break, youll just need to get in the zone.

Dont play "point kits," play kits that are good killers (assault, support etc...)

Comment

64 player IO Karkand + support, nades = you got your badge.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
                unless he's not after expert support

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
                  Nades is what you should avoid. They get you random, i mean VERY random kills. I bet you can throw 8 and get nothing, throw the ninth, get two kills.

Avoid nades, unless there are a group of enemies and you know it will hit. Nothing sucks more than to be killed while throwing a grenade, that misses.

Or use em how i do:

I dont really use nades to kill, unless our enemies capping a flag or an enemy is over a wall (any situation that i cant kill em with my gun). Ill never throw a nade when im face to face with someone, unless its a distraction.

I throw them at them in a wide open space. Now the enemy has two options if the nade lands next to them: stay put, getting killed by the nade, or get up and get shot up by me. I always get whats called "overkill" when is when i kill a guy and my nade from before just asplodes on top of them :evil:.

Hope it helped, remember just keep practicing.

Comment

stay on IO (its easier to kill infantry than big iron clad tanks)

i would suggest going on karkand with teh medic kit on MEC. the AK101 is pretty much a flame thrower and u have those health kits to keep u in tip top shape.

Comment

For each kit, it is going to be different. Picking the right map for the kit will be key. Like, for support, you go Iron Gator with the RPK. For Medic go Sharqi. For Sniper...hmm, Wake? Engineer go armor on Karkand (it is ok to cheat with Armor using Engineer since you look like you are trying to do it with Infantry). Hard to make a call l for Spec-Ops and AT. Might use a Jeep gun with Spec, but you have me, I never play AT or Spec (my weak areas).

Actually, you get lots of Karma points in my book because you are looking to get your experts the honorable way, on foot!

Comment

Try the KOS karkand server. 20 guys 64 size map. I play it regularly and get high 30's low 40's about every time. Just type in kos in server search.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post
                          • Medic
                          • Karkand
                          • Infantry Only
                          • Less than 25 players on a 64 player map.

The easiest way to get >40 kills whilst groundpounding IMO. If you have trouble doing that, you just need more experience in the game.
                          Yes, you should always try and get expert combat badges on karkand IO. 32 Players at most. Try to be on the MEC team, the RPK and the AK-101 are one of the best guns. You can do this on Wake Island as well if your experienced with the jet. I've seen people go 70-2 in a J-10 half way before the round even ends.

Comment

Originally posted by beanstalk View Post
                            Yes, you should always try and get expert combat badges on karkand IO. 32 Players at most. Try to be on the MEC team, the RPK and the AK-101 are one of the best guns. You can do this on Wake Island as well if your experienced with the jet. I've seen people go 70-2 in a J-10 half way before the round even ends.
                            I think playing with 8 players on wake for an expert j-10 pilot is like nade spamming in karkand

Comment

As Steppenwolf mentioned you only need to be a certain kit to get those. So find a jet or some armor on a map like karkand and whore it up. 64 player maps with low peeps is your best bet regardless of what you choose.

Comment

Working...
                              X