2142 to be or not to be.....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2142 to be or not to be.....?

My friend really loves this game more than BF2 and he plays it alot. Ive seen it and it looks fairly fun. Do you guys think i should get 2142 also? Some people think its a crappy game, please explain why....

Re: 2142 to be or not to be.....?

I dont know... i might pick it up myself once its price has dropped. its crap compared to bf2, but its still a great game compared to other games. its still battlefield.

Comment

It`s good. Not worth the money really but still good. The engine is much more optimized, sound effects are 3x better, infantry combat is just awesome, unlocks are actually interesting and a different. The only thing sucks imo is the vehicle combat which is too, how to say, dull. Infantry rocks though.

Comment

DO IT! You will only regret it in 2-3 months..

Comment

Originally posted by lt_dillweed View Post
          My friend really loves this game more than BF2 and he plays it alot. Ive seen it and it looks fairly fun. Do you guys think i should get 2142 also? Some people think its a crappy game, please explain why....
          If your into infrantry combat than yes, its worth the investment. The kits are much more dynamic and fun to play. Assault and medic are combined, and makes for one hell of a combination. You have many more infrantry options, like the PK-Rockets, or a no-warning AT missile the Pilum.

Its fun, no doubt about it. But compared to BF2, it lacks the dynamic in gameplay jets bring into the equation. The gun-ships are just the bastard child of a Jet and an Attack Helicopter. Got the worst of both, instead of the best. The hover tanks are particularily interesting to play with.

The only problem with 2142 is its version of PunkBuster. Which now uses the new PB Services. It was programmed by idiots because they broke PB's original netcode. There is a good chance if you have any sort of Anti Virus or Firewalls installed you'll get kicked for bad packets - in which case 2142 is not worth buying.

Comment

stick with bf2!!

Comment

well i guess theres only one true way to find out if i like this game...and that only way is downloading reeeaally slow (the demo)

Comment

You should just buy BF2142 just for the First Strike mod...
                Doors are an indispensable attribute of any building or house, doors ensure the safety of people and property in the building, they add beauty and glamor to the house.

Comment

Originally posted by lt_dillweed View Post
                  well i guess theres only one true way to find out if i like this game...and that only way is downloading reeeaally slow (the demo)
                  The demo gives you a crappy map. Its hardly a representation of 2142. Sidi Power Plant is not the best map to get the experience of 2142. There are some maps in the actual game that make 2142 worth playing:

Fall or Berlin
                  Belgrade
                  Camp Gibralter
                  Cerbere Landing
                  Suez Canal
                  Tunis Harbour

Your better off doing the illegal thing and getting a taste of 2142 from the full version.

Comment

Working...
                  X