Vista Blues...BF2 crashes when map changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Blues...BF2 crashes when map changes

I am running Vista 32bit and I have had all the usual problems with BF2 since I installed it. The one issue I can't seem to fix is that when I am on a server and it changes maps the Windows "working" circle appears on the screen and it stays like that indefinitely. If I press any key on the keyboard the game crashes and returns me to the desktop. Has anyone experienced this same problem or have any idea what the cause could be?

Intel Bad Axe II
    QX6600
    Gigabyte 7950GX2
    2 gigs RAM

Re: Vista Blues...BF2 crashes when map changes

It's a memory.dll error, happens to me on PR. Not sure how it's fixed unless you tone down the settings.

Comment

make sure to have latest and greatest graphics drivers for your system... but as for memory make sure you kill any other apps running in the background and what have ya to free up as much as possible.

Comment

Its vista :-) If you go back to Xp your problem will be solved. Or you can change your textures settings in game on vista to med levels and that will fix it. Otherwise you have to move back to xp to fix the problem. That is the only reason I haven't gone to vista is because of the BF2 crashes when loading maps, and their's no way I'm lowering my graphics just to make vista work....

Comment

Working...
        X