Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference between bf2 and bf 2142?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's the difference between bf2 and bf 2142?

Titan mode was the only reason I ever considered buying 2142 because I love indoor CQC. But I think Halo 3 would be a much better game overall then 2142 despite being a console game.

Comment

ok i play both i like bf2 better but any way the main diffrence is 2142 has a big carrier thing titan that u can destroy and an airburst rocket launcher and something that makes u invisible those are the main diffrences

Comment

about 140 years

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon
          Titan mode was the only reason I ever considered buying 2142 because I love indoor CQC. But I think Halo 3 would be a much better game overall then 2142 despite being a console game.
          Unfortunately i think most games are better than 2142, and yes even console games.

Comment

Originally posted by magdelen11235 View Post
            i second that third it a fourth it
            I fifth it, get the 2142demo if you wanna see, look at it like this, in My local walmart the newest game is cheeaper than bf2 colletion, so im surprised its still at 29buks , it'll proably be below 20 before long cause it sucks so bad IMO, i know therers lots that like it, some like raw liver:dead: too, go figure :nod:

over:salute:

Comment

Being an armor chaser or a "chopper fear" in BF2142 is the easiest job in the world. You dont need to team up with anyone to take out a tank that will make the newbies tremble in BF2.

I logged in to the Demo, saw some SoBF guys play, joined their squad and finished the rounds with a healthy 2:1 and 3:1 KDRs. 2-4th place. You know what I did? I just sat in the closest flag to enemy main base and killed incoming APCs and tanks. Yup, it was THAT easy. Note that I had limited hours in the game.

Infantry combat is truly pathetic. It may be better than BF2, in some regards, but its nowhere near as fun as 1.0 BF2 combat used to be. Its cramped, its slow and its stupidly limited. DICE probably thought that it was tactical. But it felt like I was fighting in a knee-deep mudpit. Even SWAT4 had a more fluid, faster and "free" combat, and that game is a tactical sim.

Then, all the "creativity" in BF2142 is refurbished sh!t. The hovertank is the only cool improvement and even that thing feels out of place and stupdid to play with.

Theres no immersion, no fun and youll end up statwhoring, just with a squad. Get some more mates and play BF2.

Comment

2142 is nothing more than a screwed up future mod of BF2.. nothing more end of discussion lock thread please.

Comment

I really liked about 2142 was titan mode because it required more strat then take flags and kill everyone.

Comment

The game sucks, no doubt about it....but there ARE some engine improvements that would do well in BF2(to bad there never gonna back port any of them)

-Destroyable children for one thing- Being able to destroy "parts" of a vehicle, without destroying the entire thing....This is an amazing feature that I would LOVE in BF2.....

-Then there is of course graphical improvements, plus improved weather effects....

-and the menu is alot more optimized then BF2's, it takes only about half the time to log in....

With a few minor details here and there(I think Im forgetting some though) thats pretty much it in regards to 2142's actual IMPROVEMENTS over BF2....

Doesnt do anything for its sh*tty gameplay though....

Comment

Working...
                    X