What the?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the?

I'm pretty sure I know what the fix is for this problem is, but here is what happened.

Found my special forces disc laying around and installed it. It said that BF2 was going to be patched to 1.1. I then ran SF and got the lighting.fx error. Used a fix from the forum and installed latest Nvidia drivers. All good so far. Noticed that the graphics were granier than usual. Checked all settings and they looked fine (everything on high, 4 x AA).

Jumped on my usual 64p Karkand ranked server with no probs. Weird, because I though being patched with 1.1 wouldn't let me play as it wasn't the latest patch.

Anywayz, I look up and this is what I see:

Installing 1.41 again now to see if it fixes things

Re: What the?

LOL, so you were on a v1.41 server with the v1.1 patch?

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post
      LOL, so you were on a v1.41 server with the v1.1 patch?
      Yeah! I thought that was not possible?

Comment

Ok, I didn't think visible UAV's were put in until patch 1.3 anyway.

Very strange. Was the UAV the only thing that was different?

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy
          Very strange. Was the UAV the only thing that was different?
          That and the P90 under BFHQ had a weird name like weapon_arm_??? something or other.

Comment

The P90 and the L96A1 weren't in the game until Euro force was released I believe. They were included in the patch around the same time the booster came out, don't know what patch it was though?

Anyway, that only explains why things were messed up, but it doesn't explain why and how you were able to get on a v1.41 server.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post
              The P90 and the L96A1 weren't in the game until Euro force was released I believe. They were included in the patch around the same time the booster came out, don't know what patch it was though?

Anyway, that only explains why things were messed up, but it doesn't explain why and how you were able to get on a v1.41 server.
              Funny you mention the L96A1 as that was also messed up.

Dunno. All fixed now after the 1.41 patch update.

Comment

I had a similar error that I thought was funny. I was playing yesterday as engineer on Highway Tampa and grabbed an enemy's medic kit to revive my squad leader. I revive him and I keep the M16. A moment later, I go to shoot someone, and to my surprise, it is fully automatic. Hmmm, interesting, I think. I look on the kills screen and it says I used the L85. I guess the game applied the wrong skin to the gun, but it still had iron sights. I ask my squadleader and he says that I appear to be using the M16. Got a few kills with my hybrid gun, was killed, then it was gone. Funny while it lasted.

Comment

Your localization files are messed up. Either reinstall, or reapply Ringmaster's Word pack.

Comment

Its not messed up anymore, i.e. not localization files. I think it was a random glitch in the server. It only happened once. Even better, before people assume that I am a noob at this, why did I have a fully automatic M16 with M16 sounds? I guess the localization files control weapon skins too. THEY DON'T. Do I really appear that ignorant? Come on.

Comment

Working...
                    X