• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M16/M4 "flick"

Thank you, sir. And my respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Luftwaffe989
      No, magazine release is on the left side. I have a Vietnam-era M16A2. I'm pretty sure that beats your fake BB gun.
      get your weapon right first maybe?

A2 was introduce during the 80s

some time after 'nam

and i think its been agreed now that if you bring the rifle to your shoulder as if to shoot the mag release is on the right

i mean who would look at it from the barrel anyway, cept the guy your aiming at

Comment

I've never used the M16A2 but I was pretty sure it was always on the left as it is on the Diemarco and also on the pictures I posted. You can see the mag release on the colt M4 on the LHS...

Comment

You posted the right picture. With the wrong attitude.

For all intents and purposes, on those pics the magazine release IS on the RIGHT side. Check sars´ post for details. Ive explained it 2 times already.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsport
            I've never used the M16A2 but I was pretty sure it was always on the left as it is on the Diemarco and also on the pictures I posted. You can see the mag release on the colt M4 on the LHS...

Sorry man but you are wrong read my last post. The mag release is on the right side if you have the rifle in the shoulder fire position. the bolt release is on the left. Also why would they put the mag release on the left you would have to move you hand from the stock drop the mag and the get another full mag with one hand sorry but thats not how you do it. I know I have put more rounds down range witha M16a2 than most of the gamers here. 5th Award expert USMC. I know I have the real world Xp. with that rifle and may more. By sorry for the speeling and gramer. I do not want to sound like a jackass or slam anyone. I just know how the rifle works sorry. Semper Fi.

Comment

I totally understand what your both saying, I'm in the forces myself and have used a variety of rifles and pistols. I understand what you mean by right side, and Taua, I'm not dissing your drills at all, but from those pictures it appears to me that the release is on the left. The unit I'm serving with use the Diemaco C8SFW, which is basically a Canadian bastardisation of the Colt M4, which shares many parts with the M16A2 and same function ie location of user operated parts. That is why I'm confused. As I said before, on the Diemaco, I'm sure it's on the left looking down from the butt (6 months since I've it though). Then again I'm probably confusing that with the L85A2 lol

Originally posted by Taua View Post
              Also why would they put the mag release on the left you would have to move you hand from the stock drop the mag and the get another full mag with one hand sorry but thats not how you do it.
              Because it makes sense? If your changing a mag when with the bolt to the rear (ie mag empty) then you'd have to release the bolt anyway. Only time it would be quicker on the right is when your changing the mag when it has rounds in and the bolt if forward, but you still need your left hand to remove the magazine and place a new one on so I'd imagine we're talking about milliseconds difference between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsport View Post
                I totally understand what your both saying, I'm in the forces myself and have used a variety of rifles and pistols. I understand what you mean by right side, and Taua, I'm not dissing your drills at all, but from those pictures it appears to me that the release is on the left. The unit I'm serving with use the Diemaco C8SFW, which is basically a Canadian bastardisation of the Colt M4, which shares many parts with the M16A2 and same function ie location of user operated parts. That is why I'm confused. As I said before, on the Diemaco, I'm sure it's on the left looking down from the butt (6 months since I've it though). Then again I'm probably confusing that with the L85A2 lol

Np. The pic that you have up of the left side of the rifle what you see is the lower lever is the part that is pushed from the right side and drops the mag. Above that is a vert. level that is the bolt latch release. Some afeter market models have a left side mag release but the US. M16a2 is not. We train all to use it the same way no matter is you left handed or right we dont screw with the set up os a gun or rifle that way any one can pick up the wep. and get busy. By the way ever see a left handed Machinegunner???

Comment

Originally posted by Taua View Post
                  Np. The pic that you have up of the left side of the rifle what you see is the lower lever is the part that is pushed from the right side and drops the mag. Above that is a vert. level that is the bolt latch release. Some afeter market models have a left side mag release but the US. M16a2 is not. We train all to use it the same way no matter is you left handed or right we dont screw with the set up os a gun or rifle that way any one can pick up the wep. and get busy. By the way ever see a left handed Machinegunner???
                  Clears it up then, thanks. Incidentally, no I haven't, all the left handers I serve with fire from the right shoulder. We all get taught on the L85A2 (used to be the SA80 or L85A1 till H&K redesigned it) which can't be used from the left shoulder, so we get taught from the right from the first day we touch one.

Comment

Because it makes sense? If your changing a mag when with the bolt to the rear (ie mag empty) then you'd have to release the bolt anyway. Only time it would be quicker on the right is when your changing the mag when it has rounds in and the bolt if forward, but you still need your left hand to remove the magazine and place a new one on so I'd imagine we're talking about milliseconds difference between the two.

Here are is the way the USMC does it. From the last round and a dry mag.

Its a called a mag. drill.

Start push mag release with index finger right hand grab mag with left stor mag in vest any place is good. then pull fresh mag. insert mag . tap bottom of mag to make sue it is seated in the mag. well. then with same hand the left one press the bolt release lever on the left side of rifle. the with right hand push or tap the forward asset on the right side of rifle pull trigger kill bad guy.

Originally posted by Bloodsport View Post
                    Clears it up then, thanks. Incidentally, no I haven't, all the left handers I serve with fire from the right shoulder. We all get taught on the L85A2 (used to be the SA80 or L85A1 till H&K redesigned it) which can't be used from the left shoulder, so we get taught from the right from the first day we touch one.

Thats how the US army does it

Comment

Who gives a shhit where is the mag release located, all of you read the topic and answer the man's question which as I remember wasn't about where is the mag release located. Wanna argue among eachother go on PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X