Problems with Lag 700+ ping and DISCON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Lag 700+ ping and DISCON

Hi guys, I've been having this problem for nearly a week now.
    I only had this new PC for about 2 weeks.

#Ok here are the specs of my PC

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate
    Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, 2204 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0701, 03/03/2007
    SMBIOS Version 2.3
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United Kingdom
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6000.20500"
    Total Physical Memory 2,046.63 MB
    Available Physical Memory 1.42 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 4.21 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 3.27 GB

My GFX card is: Radeon X1900 Series 512mb
    My Pc has 320GB Sata Hard drives.
    My internet connection is: 4mb/s Cable Broadband. (known to drop on peak hours)

Ok while playing the game the first 1 minute is fine, then i start lagging for 1 second and becomes normal again... then lags for another second and becomes alright. This is really frustrating me and here are some of the images with i got.

I split my internet connection via a router as 2 pcs use it at home. I get this lag even when the other PC is off.

I tried updating my Dual Core drivers and set battlefield 2 to run on a single Core... not much change then.

So what I get isconnection lost to server for like 2 secs then am back running like normal with a ping of 16 which is brilliant..then jumps again for a second to 700+...

I am 50% sure it could be my internet service provider... p.s. I used to run BF2 before on the same connection in a different pc (about 2 weeks ago) and dont get lag.

Plz any suggestions at all?

Re: Problems with Lag 700+ ping and DISCON

Do a tracert to your ISP, also do one to something like Google. Any timeouts or large ping spikes on the one to your ISP and you will know if it is an ISP issue.

Comment

You seem to be pretty on top of the technical side of things so I assume you've uninstalled/reinstalled, reset your router, don't use wireless, don't play on servers far away from you... and ticked the right box in the game internet connection settings? Some people say to update punkbuster too apparently it can cause ping spikes.

Comment

Check it's not your network card

Comment

Working...
        X