BF2 Crash on Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Crash on Start

I just built a computer and installed bf2. Its loads the first bf2 graphics(not EA & dice graphics) then pops to desktop 3 seconds later(*This is not a CTD, i am not able to get to the EA logo). I have installed all the drivers for my video card.

Not sure what I am missing or have that is crashing it.

key Specs:

AMD 3200+
    512DDr
    128mb Nv 6600

Re: BF2 Crash on Start

Originally posted by K.popcorn View Post
    I just built a computer and installed bf2. Its loads the first bf2 graphics(not EA & dice graphics) then pops to desktop 3 seconds later(*This is not a CTD, i am not able to get to the EA logo). I have installed all the drivers for my video card.

Not sure what I am missing or have that is crashing it.

key Specs:

AMD 3200+
    512DDr
    128mb Nv 6600
    Make sure you also update your sound drivers and DirectX.. I had this problem also with 2142. Directx solved my problem. If this solves it, please do note that running BF with only 512Mb ram, you are unable to play without stuttering..

Comment

I updated my Directx, as far as the sound I have it intgrated on my borad. I have a Audigy SB 2 card, but don't want to put it on this computer if its not necassary.

I'm gonna update the ram...my the bf2 gods have mercy on my 512mb if I ever get it running.

not sure if that does any good to update my situation.

Comment

Originally posted by K.popcorn View Post
        I updated my Directx, as far as the sound I have it intgrated on my borad. I have a Audigy SB 2 card, but don't want to put it on this computer if its not necassary.

I'm gonna update the ram...my the bf2 gods have mercy on my 512mb if I ever get it running.

not sure if that does any good to update my situation.
        No it doesn't... You need to start BF first. And see how it runs, before u update ur ram..

Try to update your integrated sound driver, the driver can be found at your motherboards manufacturer homepage..

Bf has always been a driver sensitive game. :wall:

Well, Im out of ideas, hope u get it running.. Good luck dude..

Comment

Working...
        X