Next Battlefield !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Battlefield !!

Anyone know whats next for the BF franchise? I mean, what could possibly be next? Maybe Alien Warfare?

Re: Next Battlefield !!

A console game...called Bad Company.

Comment

I dont count console games lol. ewwwww.. sounds sweet though.. the destructable envirements ( GEO MOD, i think its called ) have been around since Red Faction though.. I hope to see more innovation for the next pc installment.

Quote from another site about BF3 -

EA AND DIGITAL ILLUSIONS UNVEIL BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY FOR NEXT-GENERATION CONSOLES

All-New Game Reinvents the Award-Winning FPS Franchise for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. - August 21, 2006 - Throw out the rules of engagement, this is all-out war! Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that Battlefield: Bad Company™ is currently in development for the Xbox 360&E153; video game system from Microsoft® and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

Built from the ground-up for next-generation consoles using Digital Illusions' bleeding-edge Frostbite™ game engine, Battlefield: Bad Company drops gamers behind enemy lines with a squad of renegade soldiers who risk it all on a personal quest for gold and revenge. Featuring a deep, cinematic single-player experience loaded with adventure and dark humor, the game delivers the series' trademark sandbox gameplay in a universe where nearly everything is destructible.

"The heart of DICE's multiplayer games is the frenetic, unpredictable nature of the sandbox experience, where anything could happen at any moment, and that's what we're bringing to the core of Battlefield: Bad Company's single-player campaign, said Karl Magnus Troedsson, senior producer at DICE. "In a world that's 90 percent destructible, the gameplay possibilities are infinite - the battlefield is always changing, forcing players, teammates, and enemies to react accordingly. Gamers will have total freedom to adapt to and tackle challenges in creative Battlefield-style ways."

Battlefield: Bad Company also will feature a full suite of the franchise's trademark multiplayer options with deep gameplay modes designed to take full advantage of the game's massively destructible environments.

Developed by Sweden-based developer Digital Illusions, Battlefield: Bad Company is slated to ship for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in 2007. For more information about the Battlefield franchise, please visit http://battlefield.ea.com.

Comment

I dont know, I have a feeling Dice will do something really smart, or EA does something really stupid.

Comment

I think they'll go back in time from bf2... anything more futuristic than 2142 will simply suck. I'd like to see bf3: forgotten wars, with UN interventions in Africa, the war in Chechnya, the Falklands etc

Comment

I agree.. i didnt like 2142 as much as bf2..

haha .. why someone would edit MY post beats me.. ..Do you feel better now ? anyway.. w/e...FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Mackaveli View Post
              haha .. why someone would edit MY post beats me.. ..Do you feel better now ? anyway.. w/e...FTW
              Most likely because it had spam advertising looking stuff in it.

Comment

probably.. but still.. lol.. wasnt spam.. just a lil advert ... O well.. now i know huh?

anyone else notice how other games are copying bf2 style and gameplay features? cod3 just looks like a "prettier" bf2..im still gonna play it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mackaveli View Post
                  probably.. but still.. lol.. wasnt spam.. just a lil advert .
                  Right...advertising.

Comment

yup... advertising.. tsk tsk tsk..

Comment

yeap...advertising. lol

Comment

what about bf2 in the near future, not 100 years but like 50?

Comment

i think real war combat will still be basically pretty much the same as it is now over the next 50 or even 100 yrs..besides new weapons and some new technology.. i guess thats why they skipped ahead to 2142. it really makes you wonder just where they can go from here..i agree with what you said about 50 yrs ahead.. sweet tech gadgets. nano tecnology, sweet weapons.. but it would still be basically a bf2 expansion pack and not a totally new game in my opinion..but if dice would work on a new engine ( ooo crysis ahhhh) and make a "revamped" bf2 game set like 50 yrs ahead i'd buy it in a sec.!

Comment

oooooh crysis
                            <3

Comment

EA have made a massive mistake by making a battlefield console game it will be rubbish and they wont make no where near the amount of money they would if if was for the pc

Comment

Working...
                              X