Back in black... (Flashes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in black... (Flashes)

I seem to be experiencing a widespread problem with BF2 and windows Vista.

I have a brand new Dell Inspirion 1720. 2.4Ghz Core Two Duo (T770), nvidia 8600M GT and monitor running 1920x1200@59Mhz.

I have installed BF2 with UAC disabled. I run BF2 as an admin. I have the latest v-card drivers from Dell. I have the latest s-card drivers from Dell. I have the latest patch for BF2 running (1.41). I have changed the default refresh rate and res in the profiles folder to match my monitor's. I have changed the shortcut for wide screen. I have done each of these steps individually. Yet still, when I launch it gives me the Battlefield 2 box in the center of my screen, flashes to black, and then disappears.

WTF?

Re: Back in black... (Flashes)

cut your profiles folder to the desktop so it starts over. You'll have to set up bf2 the way you want it all over again. Graphics settings, sound settings, controls etc. Second, use the nvidia drivers from nvidia.com

Comment

how much ram do you have?i had this problem and i had only 1gb,i her 2gb of ram will eliminate this problem.

Comment

i don't think ram has anything to do with this situation.

Comment

Did that, didn't work. Have 2gb ram anyway.

Comment

8600M GT... That little chips creates some heat, to be honest you specs exceed the req. but it could very well be a heat issue. Buy one of those Laptop pads for cooling. My sugestion.. it might work.

Comment

ehh I doubt that... I'm having an issue with starting the program. It hasn't ever run a single time on this computer... overheating would have more to do with it running over a long period of time... Also, runs other games of the same caliber just fine so no, overheating aint an issue methinks.

Comment

Is it Vista x64?

Comment

no, 32

Comment

Hmm.. I had the same problem, but with 64bit. The reason i pionted out OH'ing is the fact its a laptop. EVERY BF2 problem I have ever encountered in Vista was related to DirectX. DX10 NEVER WORKED FOR ME. So i had to downgrade to even start the game. Maybe try that.

Comment

ugh...

i think ill try installing the latest version first

dammit, still no luck.

this is preposterous! No effin way I have to downgrade from dx10 to play BF2

alrite so how the hell do I downgrade to DX 9?

Also read there was a way to edit the exe with some c++, tried that, no dice...

halp mez! ima gonna kill EA

Comment

I have a stinking suspicion the 8000M series Nvidia chips are the culprit. I as well as another guy (http://bf2.totalgamingnetwork.com/fo...ck+screen)have almost identical HP laptops all 3 together have similar performance but all have the 8 series chips. Has anyone actually gotten BF2 or 2142 to work on one of these?

Comment

I've been talking to EA support, the issue with BF2142pace.exe has stopped working seems to be that my monitor only runs at 59mhz, and the game wants it to go at 60. after about two weeks of talking with them they stopped responding to me and pretty much told me to blow it out my ***. I'm afraid this is the same problem here.

Comment

Working...
                          X