C4 Jumping question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C4 Jumping question

Playing on an FF off server last night as Spec Ops and I thought I would experiment with some C4 jumping... my question is, is there a way to change direction after you have initiated the jump... I was trying to jump over a fence on the backside of Factory on Karkand and managed to only go up and down as opposed to over the fence...

Re: C4 Jumping question

You have to place the C4 in a good position, take a walking charge at it as well. If you're in front of the C4, you'll be thrown forwards, if you're behind, backwards, etc.

Comment

I've heard rumors and have seen people pull their parachutes at the apex of the c4 hop, and then "steer" down. Jumping while pointing the right direction is the key, though...from what I've heard.

You'll have to wait for an experienced C4 hopper to confirm all that stuff though...

Comment

Stand on the side of the C4 that you want to go in the direction. i.e. If you want to go north over a fence, or on a roof to the north. Stand on the north edge of the C4 you've placed.

Comment

Use more C4 and open your parachute as soon as possible, then glide over the fence =p

Comment

c4 jump is great, shame servers ban it

Comment

i hate all of you who have responded.

Comment

Honestly... if you don't want C4 jumpers, just keep Friendly Fire on...

But like everybody else said, just stand on the side of the C4, towards the direction you want to go. There is no way to "steer" unless your about... 300 meters up, then you start moving during your fall, but you can't get that high with C4, so the only way is to use your 'chute. Also try standing about 2 feet away from the C4, about 2 inches on your screen, depending on your resolution and screen size, and you'll be launched more in the direction instead of upwards.

=)

And to the post above me... I hate you. Your post made my eyes bleed, was entirely pointless. Please stop wasting my air.

Comment

When C4 Jumping, keep one C4 spare and then jump.

That way you can detonate that spare one in the air for an extra boost and control.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post
                    When C4 Jumping, keep one C4 spare and then jump.

That way you can detonate that spare one in the air for an extra boost and control.
                    i thought you couldn't detonate C4 in the air anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by mwillin0000 View Post
                      i thought you couldn't detonate C4 in the air anymore...
                      unless your parachute is deployed.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
                        You have to place the C4 in a good position, take a walking charge at it as well. If you're in front of the C4, you'll be thrown forwards, if you're behind, backwards, etc.
                        ^^ what he said pretty much

Comment

technically isn't it illegal to ban c-4 jumping? The definition of law says that to be a law it has to be enforced. ( knew law class would help me in life )

Comment

Originally posted by steppenwolf428 View Post
                            technically isn't it illegal to ban c-4 jumping? The definition of law says that to be a law it has to be enforced. ( knew law class would help me in life )
                            only if its in the new roe, before it wasn't bannable i don't believe.

its restriction of a kit.

Comment

Originally posted by LightBred View Post
                              only if its in the new roe, before it wasn't bannable i don't believe.

its restriction of a kit.
                              No I don't think so. It says it's legal to ban jihad jeeping, and that could also be considered "restriction of a kit".

Comment

Working...
                              X