Battlefield2 has problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield2 has problems

ok so me and battlefield2 aren't very good friends anymore... I used to play all the time, but recently Battlefield2 is unplayable online, I join a server with 60 ping then it jumps to 340 or so then back. When I move my character sure it will move even after I take my hand of of the movement key. While my aim isn't the best I still do very good in most other games, unreal and counter strike and half life2, but sadly Battlefield2 make it impossible to aim at somebody. They are in my sights then bam I'm looking off in some area I looked at about 5 seconds ago. While trying to turn I skip around of this isn't fps lag its just crapy game lag its horrible. I get 70-90 fps maxed graphics i have 2gbs of ram a 3500+ amd cpu my video card is a freaken 8600gts my 6800GT got the same problems. I haven't the slightest clue what is wrong or why I am being punished while trying to play a game. I turn a corner to take cover I think to myself yes I'm safe! Little did I know I would be teleported back about 4 seconds in the past and get killed.

As you can see from my specs. I should have no problem with Battlefield. I even have dual gigabit either net. So its not my stuff.
    Processor:
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+, ~2.5GHz
    Memory: 2046MB RAM
    Graphics:GeForce 8600 GTS
    Drive: C:
    Free Space: 62.7 GB
    Total Space: 228.9 GB
    File System: NTFS
    Model: NVIDIA STRIPE 223.58G
    Do you want to see my net speeds to?

as we can see they aren't the best but they are well over the minimum for Bf2

Oh even better I run vista ult 64 so i know i need to run battlefield in admin mode no problem I play by their rules. Ya know I'm not cheater nor do I want to be. I mean i try and play the game by the rules, but no... The game come at me and attacks me. Kicking me off every server after about 5-10 minutes of play. Coming up with some stupid error and I'm kicked off to 2 min.

I have read forums for the past 2 years trying to figure out these problems. Nobody post anything like I have to say. As far as i can see I have the worst case of battlefield2 crapy jump lag.

I'm sorry for coming to this forum and complaning, but im so fed up with battlefield I don't know who els to come to. You all seem very smart and know what to do. So please if you have problems come clean here.

Re: Battlefield2 has problems

go to game-monitor.com and search for a server close to you. Also try n close all background tasks to reduce lag. And wrong section, btw.

Comment

Not that it should be the problem you are having but that processor is a bit of a bottleneck for that system. What were you thinking?

Maybe BF2 just hates you more than everyone else?

Comment

Discuss all the latest Battlefield 2 entries, tips and tricks, and bugs.

Seems to me like its a bug in their coding.
        And I keep my computer very clean of spyware and background programs....

Comment

These kind of threads are useless without a DXDIAG

Posting the specs is not enough

Run a clean boot, to lower your page file and stop stuttering. Get rid of viruses, update drivers, ect.

Comment

- Update your Video Card's Drivers.

- Update your Router's Firmware.

- On your router, make sure to open all TCP/UDP's (Ports) that are commonly used by BF2 servers. (16567)

- Also open the Ventrillo/Teamspeak's port on your router.

- Check out the http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_1.html site for further tips.

Comment

This site has a few good tips too: http://bf2lag.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy
                This site has a few good tips too: http://bf2lag.com/

Yes it does, but IMO dont mess with the page file like it says, i did & mine ran worse. If you want to tweak it, what i did was go there & hit the "let system decide" and mine runs great.

over:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by opc_tim
                  Yes it does, but IMO dont mess with the page file like it says, i did & mine ran worse. If you want to tweak it, what i did was go there & hit the "let system decide" and mine runs great.

No, I didn't do that one. I need the page filing to make up for my lack of RAM.

The ones about punkbuster worked wonders for me though.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post
                    No, I didn't do that one. I need the page filing to make up for my lack of RAM.

The ones about punkbuster worked wonders for me though.
                    Yeah the punkbuster is good to do.

BTW the tweaked graphic driver's (**FOR ME ANYWAY) wasn't much fast fps, & looked alot worse.

the background process's is probably one of the most important besides keepin the krap off the computer & defrags, & registry scan's.

this link (below) here is very good, u download this prog & u dont have to install it, just put on your desktop (zip file) & open & click it & it shows you process's with some icons & other helps to help the novice's (like me) to know what the heck is what.

Comment

Working...
                    X