Continuous Lag in Battlefield 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuous Lag in Battlefield 2

It doesnt matter which settings I choose. High, Medium, Low, you name it. I lag continously regardless of any video changes. I play at 1680x1050 res. My pc specs are in my sig below. I dont know WTF to do. My internet speed is 1.5mbps and upload is 1mbps. Please please please help me out. I also installed xp to test if the performance would increase but nothing.

My average will be above 60 fps in a local server in which I followed the same path in Gulf of Oman and the benchmarks are here with both sli disabled and enabled.

No sli, High, 4xAA, 1680x1050, Gulf of Oman
    SLI, High, 4xAA, 1680x1050, Gulf of Oman

Absolutely no lag in a local server. As soon as I go online, it gets worse with constant lag. Here are the benchmarks for online:

SLI, 4xAA, High, 1680x1050, Gulf of Oman, Online

It barely makes it upto 60 fps once in a while. Mostly it stays in the 40's. Nothing like the local server.

My task manager usage during Battlefield is this.

I have started several threads regarding the same issue but they also end up going off topic, lol. Please give me your sincere suggestions so that I can fix this f**king problem. I am tired of lagging with a rig like mine. I had enough. Thank you to those who will help.

If you need anymore info please pm me or post it in this thread.

Re: Continuous Lag in Battlefield 2

hmmmm this is weird

1.update to the latest drivers if you haven't.
    2.update PB.
    3.delete your cache folder.
    4.is anything overheating?

Comment

Did you start Task Manager before BF2 or did you start it afterwards? Just in case...

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper1432 View Post
        hmmmm this is weird

1.update to the latest drivers if you haven't.
        2.update PB.
        3.delete your cache folder.
        4.is anything overheating?
        Thx for your response.

I used to have 162.18 but 81.35 improved the performance a little bit. I can also overclock if I want to whereas I have to get buggy ntune. My cards are not overclocked though.

PB was updated two days ago.

I delete the cache folder everytime I change video settings.

Nothing is overheating as far as I know. GPU 1 and GPU 2 stay around 45 c. CPU is at 42 c.

Nice to see somebody from Connecticut.

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
        Did you start Task Manager before BF2 or did you start it afterwards? Just in case...
        The part where cpu utilization is jumpy was outside BF2. Then where it is 100% (straight line) it was during BF2. So I guess, I started the TM before going into BF2.

Comment

try the 93.17 drivers they give me the best performance.

yeah lol Hartford, nice

Comment

Damn, I get around 70% peak utilisation. Seems I'm GPU bound. Strange how it does the opposite in CS.

Anyway, I think you're CPU bound, heavily. Multiplayer needs a higher load than single player.

Download BF2SP64, and check your framerates with 16, 32, 48 and 64 bots. You'll be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike
              Damn, I get around 70% peak utilisation. Seems I'm GPU bound. Strange how it does the opposite in CS.

Anyway, I think you're CPU bound, heavily. Multiplayer needs a higher load than single player.

Download BF2SP64, and check your framerates with 16, 32, 48 and 64 bots. You'll be surprised.
              Why wouldnt you like to utilize the cpu fully? And secondly, camper, I contacted the guy at Firingsquad.com who did benchmarks for BF2 and asked him if I was cpu bound. He indicated that I shouldnt be. Here are is benchmarks.

There are people who say that with one 7800 GTX there fps never drops below 70. Is that true?

I will try the 64 sp thing and I will let you know. Thx.

EDIT: BF2SF64 Doesnt even work. I opened the program and nothing happened.

Comment

What doesn't work, the installer? Strange. Try Compatibility Mode.

As for one 7800GTX not dropping below 70, it depends on perception. Every video card will drop to 30fps on rare occasion. It'll drop, but not percievably AFAIK.

I'm just trying to see what could possibly be the problem. You said FPS is the same SLI or not, right? Hence, being CPU-bound.

Comment

SLI has more performance when compared to single gpu. The average for SLI was around 96 fps and single gpu was 74 fps. I wouldnt complain if it dipped once in a while but it does it all the time. Never goes above 40 in firefights. Artillery is the worst. I cant even look around.

Comment

Any suggestions??? Please help me, thx.

Comment

have you tried using the 93.17 drivers instead?

Comment

Here's a good site that has lots of lag fixes:

Comment

Can you post us a couple of screenies of task manager when bf2 is not running, one with the % usage and one with the processes?

Comment

@Sniper 1432. I think you mean 93.71 drivers which I installed and absolutely nothing improved at all.

@GrossKopf. I have already tried all the tweaks that apply to me but didnt see any improvement.

Here is a screenshot of processes in my task manager.
                            Here is the screenshot of performance in tast manager.

Thx for the suggestions guys.

I played the singleplayer mod today with 64 players and I was lagging about the same as I do in multiplayer. So, I guess it is the cpu that is bottlenecking right?

Comment

Working...
                            X