Sniping troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniping troubles

Anyone know why certain shots to the head count as head shots, but others don't? It seems hit or miss, sometimes they fall over in one shot, sometimes I have to fire again. Sometimes it seems the bullet went through them and didn't do any damage.

Also: lots of times I see a sniper shoot me, but I take no damage. I see the muzzle flash and I hear the "poof" noise on my guy, but I don't die or take damage.

So sniping seems odd, why is this?

Re: Sniping troubles

its just lag and EA's crappy hit detection. A head shot with any sniper rifle would cause death.

Comment

yeh and so would a shot to the torso too. if your sniping someone who is behind one of those crappy rails they have on roofs, there is a chance it will hit the rail, same as when im AT and firing through the gap down onto an armoured vehicle, so many times have i died because some how the rocket didn't actually go through that gaping excuse for a hole.
      the other explanation is that you are not infact hitting them in the head?:laugh:

Comment

yeah, the stupid hit detection.. I don't know how many times I shot someone in the head, saw the puff of blood, and nothing.. grr. Just gotta keep chugging along

Comment

puff of blood?
          are you on the right forum??

Comment

It's more likely a puff of dust.

Comment

yeah i get this more than usual, sadly. Annoying but yeah, just got to live with it

Comment

well, i guess it looks like dust.. but it should be blood..

Comment

hmmm for some reason when I shoot someone in the head with an SVD, they don't die until the second shot lol

Comment

Originally posted by ham_411 View Post
                    yeh and so would a shot to the torso too. if your sniping someone who is behind one of those crappy rails they have on roofs, there is a chance it will hit the rail, same as when im AT and firing through the gap down onto an armoured vehicle, so many times have i died because some how the rocket didn't actually go through that gaping excuse for a hole.
                    the other explanation is that you are not infact hitting them in the head?:laugh:
                    torso?

Comment

The same thing occurs when I knife people a lot. The first hit doesn't register, second does which by that time they've sprayed me to death.

Originally posted by LightBred View Post
                      torso?

Comment

Maybe you shot your own guy in the head wen T/K was off, i shoot my own guys by mistake sometime when the server switches my and i ferget im usmc now

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

watch teh part in the middle where hes shooting at the guy and hes not taking any damage. and itll confirm this

Comment

STAT PADDING ABOVE, j/k

Comment

hey sniper 1432.. who i the chick in your sig?
                              and what movie is that from?

Comment

Working...
                              X