I just ordered America's Army! W00T!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just ordered America's Army! W00T!

I finally got around to ordering America's Army.
    Anyone mind telling me what the game is like? Like what's the best thing about it? Is it better than BF 2? I wanna knowww!!!:salute:

Re: I just ordered America's Army! W00T!

You bought it? That is so sad, you can download it for free at www.americasarmy.com and play online. On the consule version you can only play online if you have xbox live or the ps2 live, whatever its called.

AND, no it isn't better then BF2, not even close. Actually, it gets really, really borning after the first week you play it due to all the hackers there are.

Comment

you paid for a free game o.O

Comment

As everyone else said .. you bought it!?!? O.o

why? Don't you know the game is free and that the army releases every version for free as a type of recruiting tool?

Although I think I have heard people selling America's Army game discs so people wouldn't need to download it, is this the case?

Comment

the game sucks and like above it's a recruiting tool to join the army.

Comment

lol, owned.

Comment

I didn't BUY it, I meant ordered it as a free game. Ya know give the adress and they ship it to you with a pamphlet to tell you how uber cool the Army is. Yeah right.

I just wanted another game cuz I'm bored lol.

Comment

that would have been amusing if you had bought it

Comment

Just to tell you, you can't order the game America's Army without paying for anything (shipping etc), so basically you got ripped off and the game is just a recruitment tool.

Comment

The game is good, takes a lot of time but more skill than BF2, DoD and all these arcade crap games.

I pitty the people who can`t see past the OMG ITS A GOVERMENT BRAIN-WASHER. It`s a recruitment tool turned into an awesome game. If you really think the recruitment part is actually in there and you gonna fall for it, you`re a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
                      The game is good, takes a lot of time but more skill than BF2, DoD and all these arcade crap games.

I pitty the people who can`t see past the OMG ITS A GOVERMENT BRAIN-WASHER. It`s a recruitment tool turned into an awesome game. If you really think the recruitment part is actually in there and you gonna fall for it, you`re a moron.

It's on UT99's engine, it's outdated and it's a CS repeat with more realistic weapons. For free.

Reasonable, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
                        It's on UT99's engine, it's outdated and it's a CS repeat with more realistic weapons. For free.

Reasonable, I guess.
                        Outdated? AA is far from outdated. The DEV's release new versions almost each month, and its not a CS repeat at all, its nothing like CS, in any way. And, the weapons that are used in the game are the weapons that the actual USA army uses.

Comment

I downloaded it recently after not playing it in a few years and it's OK, but nothing special. You have to go through some training, some of which is required to play certain maps.

There's no respawning, when you're dead, you're dead.

The anti-cheat is punkbuster, so it's still full of cheaters, and chances are you'll revert to whatever you're playing now instead.

Comment

I enjoy playing America's Army as I was actually very skilled in it and wouldn't die often but it just got a bit boring to me with the small man maps and the no respawns as I would be walking around trying to find a few remaining enemies who seemed to keep equal distance from me and my team no matter where we were lol.

Hopefully the new America's Army thats getting revamped to the newest Unreal Engine will pwn in the area's it sucked in.

Originally posted by EasyDelta View Post
                            I didn't BUY it, I meant ordered it as a free game. Ya know give the adress and they ship it to you with a pamphlet to tell you how uber cool the Army is. Yeah right.

I just wanted another game cuz I'm bored lol.
                            Dude, you edited your first post. Originally you said you bought it for $5.99 or something

Comment

Originally posted by lewdis View Post
                              Outdated? AA is far from outdated. The DEV's release new versions almost each month, and its not a CS repeat at all, its nothing like CS, in any way. And, the weapons that are used in the game are the weapons that the actual USA army uses.

It's very much like CS, the bridge war especially (and for that matter, it's like Karkand).

The engine IS outdated.

Comment

Working...
                              X