"There is a problem with your connection"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "There is a problem with your connection"

When I played America's Army, I would sometimes play on servers with a high ping, but it would never be a problem. On BF2, ping is a huge issue. Whenever I play on a BF2 server with a high ping, I get the "There is a problem with your connection" message every 10 - 30 seconds. It makes it completely unplayable, unlike in America's Army. There's also no "There is a problem with your connection" message in AA.

This came to my mind because for some reason, just a few minutes ago, my ping jumped big time. Servers (BF2 servers) where I'd usually get a ping of 60 - 80, I now get 200 - 250 and it was impossible to play. I did tests on speedtest.net, and everything was in order. It's probably just temporary ISP problems.

I'm just wondering why ping is an issue in BF2, but not in AA.

Re: "There is a problem with your connection"

Hello, I am having a very similar problem as you are having... it's EXTREMELY frustrating. I'm from Canada too BTW, do you by any chance live in Winnipeg and have MTS as your ISP?

Comment

No, I'm in Alberta, and my ISP is Shaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
        No, I'm in Alberta, and my ISP is Shaw.
        Hmm, very strange. Some of my friends have Shaw here and they don't have any problems.

Some people say this might be a router issue, might be an ISP issue... nobody really knows. :cry: I'm not sure if all these problems are somehow connected either.

Comment

My ping was fine when I woke up this morning. It definately had to do with the ISP. I've had problems with Shaw before.

Comment

Ok, so I've traced my problem and it's not my ISP.

I followed these instructions to find out:
            Here's something you can do to trace your issue.

Click Start - Run - type "cmd" (Without quotes)
            In the dos box type "ping ADDBF2SERVERHERE.COM -t" (Without quotes)
            then play the game for about 30 minutes. ALT+TAB out and scroll back to see your ping, specially when you get lag.
            Press CTRL+C to stop the ping and note down your average, minimum and highest ping and post them here.
            It's something to do with my computer, not my ISP.

Comment

Working...
            X