Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin help

Hi,

I've been lurking following the threads for a while and finally came up with a reason to register and post.

I'm a new admin on a server and I followed this thread:
    http://bf2.totalgamingnetwork.com/fo...d.php?t=120354

A few questions:

What is a BR Screenshot? (BattleRecorder I assume? Just checking. I've never used BattleRecorder) If this is a BattleRecorder thing, is there an explaination somewhere on how to properly configure the BattleRecorder on a server?

I understand the PB Screenshots are getting easier to fake/hide. Is this true? :shock:

I also understand that the screenshots come in a weird file format. The other admins use MS FrontPage to look at them. I don't have that. What do other people use? :hmm:

Thanks in advance and please have patience with my questions, I'm sure they have been gone over before.:dead:

Re: Admin help

I don't have BattleRecorder running on my server yet so I cannot answer your questions on it.

As far as the PB SS I can tell you about that. There are certain hacks that will return a black PBSS when you take them of a player. Other hacks use a masking picture other than what is really going on the players screen. Both are pretty easy to combat honestly. First off, there are custom command lines you can use in BF2CC that will take not a single PB SS but multiple SS. As a rule of thumb, if the PB SS come back black 4 or 5 times, and the player seems to be unusually good, I will kick them and explain to them that there has been multiple attempts to prove there innocents thru PB SS and they keep coming back black. And without that I cannot prove your innocence please address this issue and come back to our server another time.

The fake SS are easy to defeat. If I see there is a guy thru the first part of the game who looks to have some downloaded skill I will take a series of SS and few minutes apart as well as note in BF2CC if this player is using vehicles alot. If the said player is in a jet for a solid 5 or 10 mins and the the PB SS show him on the ground or in a tank, he is gone as well.

You may want to PM TopDogger and ask for access to the Server Owners forum, you will find a collective braintrust of many server owners who can help you on your endeavor. While there are many hacks for BF2, with the use of Free Camera, PunkBuster commands and observant players and admins, most are easily found out and can be removed.

MysticalWhim1

Comment

Thank you very much.

While I'm not the "head" admin I am anxious to learn. :nod:

Comment

The black PB SS might be a bug and not a hack.

Comment

Yup BR stands for Battle recorder. BR SS is obviously screenshots taken of the Battle recorder demo.

To configure BR you need to edit the rotate_demo.cfg file. Put your FTP details into it then you edit the serversettings.con or just use BF2CC to put in the demo download links. Make sure you have a / after the links to parse them.

Comment

Working...
          X