BF2 sniper distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 sniper distance

When you snipe your enemy how do you calculate how far away he was? like i hear some people going "oh that had to be 200 meters" how do i do this?? Also is there a guide on here for bullet drop?

Re: BF2 sniper distance

very simple...become squad leader...before u snipe sum1, mark their position with an order, the order displays the range.

Comment

Originally posted by lt_dillweed View Post
      When you snipe your enemy how do you calculate how far away he was? like i hear some people going "oh that had to be 200 meters" how do i do this?? Also is there a guide on here for bullet drop?
      by either judging distance to a control point or setting a way point as squad leader on or near your target allowing you to view distance.

Comment

Im actually going to do a little test where i snipe and determine bullet drop at specific ranges using the squa dleader order, then ill put little tape marks on the screen to show where to aim at...100meters...150 meters...200 meters..and so on, thne ll make a l33t long rnage sniper video.

Comment

for sniping, u shouldnt have to be using a guide to calculate about how much bullet drop u need to account for becuz that will take too much time. its more of an experience thing and its different for most sniper rifles.

i find that the m24 has slightly less bullet drop than the other sniper rifles, so id just pick a sniper rifle u enjoy alot, take it on gulf of oman or some other really good map for sniping such as wake island or dalian plant and just shoot at targets that are standing still. then ull get a feel for how much bullet drop u need to account for.

Comment

It takes practice really, if their just past the visible distance and stationary aim above the head, if they're quite close aim for stomach/chest area so the recoil will put the barrel up. I managed to get a running headshot with the M24 from about 200meters, so for running shots aim ahead of the target.

Anything else just nade them tbh :P

Comment

Well i was in this server and the two commanders were doing longrange sniping and i mean LONGRANGE. one was on the carrier on dalian plant and the other was on one of the cranes. Me and my friend were in choppers watching them and fooling around they couldnt even see eachother but they said they judged it using the commander screen and their view....how do they do that??

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
                for sniping, u shouldnt have to be using a guide to calculate about how much bullet drop u need to account for becuz that will take too much time. its more of an experience thing and its different for most sniper rifles.
                i concur, i just see the target and fire, squad leader technique is probably good, but take to long imo.

Comment

Just use the same thing over and over. You just need to get a feel for it. I used to suck at sniping but then unlocked the L96 and used it for like 2 weeks straight. Once you start using it you get a feel for it (bullet drop leading the bullet etc.).

Comment

Here, I went out seeking a nice sniper shot in BF2 of wich you can see the huge bullet drop.

Link to video: http://www.filefactory.com/file/18f315/

-Syndr0me_Snipes

Comment

Well i was in this server and the two commanders were doing longrange sniping and i mean LONGRANGE. one was on the carrier on dalian plant and the other was on one of the cranes. Me and my friend were in choppers watching them and fooling around they couldnt even see eachother but they said they judged it using the commander screen and their view....how do they do that??
                      That is pretty awesome if true Well they must have been counting out the range and then the bulletdrop for that range.

Comment

when making headshots it helps to follow through, dont stop when you take the shot hold the mouse button down and follow through. works in real life too (trap shooting)

Comment

erm i have no idea actually

Comment

Originally posted by Goldleader101 View Post
                            erm i have no idea actually
                            about what?

Comment

I have seen a vid of this somewhere. I was titled something like "world record sniper distance" 1 was on the carrier and the other up in the crane. It was shown via BR. Pretty amazing considering they were out of sight of each other. My guess is that it was staged using trial and error

Comment

Working...
                              X