No announcement yet.

Major disappointments with this mod...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major disappointments with this mod...

well we have two computers at home both with bf2 installed in the right directories and there is this weird and small but EXTREMELY frustrating problem!!! i love this mod. BUT... whenever we start up a local server with bots so me and someone else can play at the same time on the same server the second person who joins crashes the game but only on their computer and before you say oh, must be a lan connection problem... well it happens on internet servers too... i figured i might as well join an internet server and then have the other person join it on the other computer and its the same sad story all over again... thats how i feel right now... dont know if its the mod because singleplayer and internet work fine as long as the other person joins... it MIGHT be a lan problem but i just can't figure out why or how its acting this way! PLEASE HELP!! this mod is really great but im having trouble enjoying it to its fullest extent!!!

Re: Major disappointments with this mod...

Originally posted by Deflex View Post
    well we have two computers at home both with bf2 installed in the right directories and there is this weird and small but EXTREMELY frustrating problem!!! i love this mod. BUT... whenever we start up a local server with bots so me and someone else can play at the same time on the same server the second person who joins crashes the game but only on their computer and before you say oh, must be a lan connection problem... well it happens on internet servers too... i figured i might as well join an internet server and then have the other person join it on the other computer and its the same sad story all over again... thats how i feel right now... dont know if its the mod because singleplayer and internet work fine as long as the other person joins... it MIGHT be a lan problem but i just can't figure out why or how its acting this way! PLEASE HELP!! this mod is really great but im having trouble enjoying it to its fullest extent!!!
    is it a mayor disappointment that u cant play with bots... lame man.. lame..

dont let small bugs/problems put you down like that.. its weak :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by arthuro12 View Post
      is it a mayor disappointment that u cant play with bots... lame man.. lame..

dont let small bugs/problems put you down like that.. its weak :shock:
      Is that what he was trying to say? Damn, I need to find a better site than Babblefish translator...

Comment

You are this upset about a FREE game? hmm

Well, lets try to find whats wrong here, as the game has been tested over and over again with a large number of people and functions correctly for all of those people.

First of all, What version of the game are you playing? How about your friend? We recently released 1.8, are both of you running this version? If so, were both full installs or were they patched from 1.7-1.8?

Second of all, can both people play vBF2 on a lan together? Perhaps one is still on an older version of vBF2, the current version is 1.41

What specific maps/situations does it crash? What EXACTLY is the message at CTD? Does the game run for a while then crash or is it instant?

Lastly, system specification for both computers. Hard to help without this final bit of information.

A bit of information will help more than an angry rant.

Comment

Originally posted by GrössKopf View Post
          Is that what he was trying to say? Damn, I need to find a better site than Babblefish translator...
          lol! love it dude, love it!

Originally posted by jilted
          You are this upset about a FREE game? hmm

Well, lets try to find whats wrong here, as the game has been tested over and over again with a large number of people and functions correctly for all of those people.

First of all, What version of the game are you playing? How about your friend? We recently released 1.8, are both of you running this version? If so, were both full installs or were they patched from 1.7-1.8?

Second of all, can both people play vBF2 on a lan together? Perhaps one is still on an older version of vBF2, the current version is 1.41

What specific maps/situations does it crash? What EXACTLY is the message at CTD? Does the game run for a while then crash or is it instant?

Lastly, system specification for both computers. Hard to help without this final bit of information.

A bit of information will help more than an angry rant.
          looks like im thinking exactly everything you are which upsets me further more. its not that im upset at a free game its more that i expect it to work like it always has on lan connections when we both run BF2 Vanilla. and yeah we both had POE v1.7 and updated to 1.8 both using the patch from the same link. BF2v is updated to v1.41 on both computers so nothing is wrong there.. about what situations and maps it crashes on.. well we've only tried 2 but then stopped cuz it got frustrating. those two were Risen and Blue Nile. ill post here again if i find out that other maps work which to me seems most unlikely.. :shakehead: and it actually never makes it into the game it crashes in an instant before you can even click on the join game button as soon as it stops "verifying client data." and about the computer speculations... well i guess it is too complicated and i don't really need to go there and get that upset about a free game now do i? so yeah im pretty much stuck! BUT ONLINE BY MYSELF WORKS FINE!!

Comment

yeh sorry for my English, im not English and im only 15 rofl.. ill do my best next time!

Comment

Originally posted by arthuro12 View Post
              yeh sorry for my English, im not English and im only 15 rofl.. ill do my best next time!
              I wasn't making fun of you. I was making fun of the original poster, whom I believe speaks English as his native language but seems to have forgotten how to form sentences or use upper case. :nod:

Comment

lol... dont have time for upper case or all that crap sorry if i really offended you... i dont really care if i can play with bots or not the ai is pretty much the same as Vanilla so its not that much greater doing SP. I guess im playing the wrong servers! The only thing im wondering is if im the only person on the earth having this problem. just looking for help. but its all good.

Comment

I wasn't making fun of you. I was making fun of the original poster, whom I believe speaks English as his native language but seems to have forgotten how to form sentences or use upper case. :nod:
                  lol yeh.. his grammar sucks xD

Comment

lol... dont have time for upper case or all that crap sorry if i really offended you... i dont really care if i can play with bots or not the ai is pretty much the same as Vanilla so its not that much greater doing SP. I guess im playing the wrong servers! The only thing im wondering is if im the only person on the earth having this problem. just looking for help. but its all good.
                    It would help if you answered all the questions posed by the PoE dev...

Comment

This problem sounds like the one a few of my friends have experienced and I've had to deal with it a couple times, too.

What we do is delete (or rename) the Battlefield 2 folder in My Documents and then restart the game and force it to rebuild the folder and cache. Then either redo your settings or you might be able to bring your .con files over without having the issue again.

Comment

are you playing the same BF2 on both comps or do you have 2 copies of BF2 each on its own computer. i know you can install the same CD of BF2 on more than one computer but i dont know if you can play it at the same time.
                        if thats what your doing that could be it,

stop pulling his chain he doesnt reconize your joking with him...lol

Comment

Originally posted by booya8 View Post
                          are you playing the same BF2 on both comps or do you have 2 copies of BF2 each on its own computer. i know you can install the same CD of BF2 on more than one computer but i dont know if you can play it at the same time.
                          if thats what your doing that could be it,

stop pulling his chain he doesnt reconize your joking with him...lol
                          Yeah, actually i do realize your all joking with me which i find immature. I came here to find help not a bunch of idiots wasteting their time. No offense at all... but thx for the help sm007h i appreciate it very much and ill try it! By the way booya8 i have 2 copies of BF2 installed on two computers which both run online, single play, and lan connection. Even other mods... but for some odd reason this mod is the only one i have this problem with...

Comment

Yeah, actually i do realize your all joking with me which i find immature. I came here to find help not a bunch of idiots wasteting their time. No offense at all... but thx for the help sm007h i appreciate it very much and ill try it! By the way booya8 i have 2 copies of BF2 installed on two computers which both run online, single play, and lan connection. Even other mods... but for some odd reason this mod is the only one i have this problem with...
                            Not the most brilliant way to ask for help was it?
                            Major disappointments with this mod...
                            You know that is a turnoff right there.

Next time try not to be so negative.

Comment

Are you using *****'s on these computers?

Comment

Working...
                              X