Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I wish I could fly

Originally posted by Armitageman View Post
    But if nobody is perfect....why practice?
    So you don't get owned by the other people that practice more than you.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken_x_Boxer View Post
      Yep. Thats the only real advantage that KB&M gives over a stick.
      I beg to differ... Joysticks are godly for MGing.

It DOES take time to get used to. i still remember a few years ago when i first got one, i had a hell of a time figuring it out. But once you master it (one month maybe, if playing casually) you'll be king of the skies.

But apparantly, still unproven (to me), mouse + kb is better for choppers.

Comment

I myself started at BF1942, BFV, then BF2. I prefer the BF42 dogfights though.

I fly with a keyboard and mouse. Haven't ever used a joystick, and don't intend to. I easily out maneuver everybody that I've gone up against.

Comment

dogfighting in bf2 is hard unless ur in a good jet (j10). most of ppl's kills comes from bombing raids, so just learn to bomb and evade and ur already a decent pilot

Comment

I use keyboard, and i'm pretty good with a jet (cough, i shot Skaggy down a number of times, cough). Secret is to load up singleplayer Operation Clean Sweep, be MEC, get the Mig and practice bombing and flying. Otherwise, set up an empty server and practice.

The hardest part about flying with keyboard is being able to steady yourself. IE, when i first started flying, i couldn't strafe ground targets without repeatedly hitting the direction buttons to try and steady myself. But you soon get used to it and you will be gunning down choppers in no time! (well, tbh, it takes ages to learn, but hey, i doubt you have anything better to do...)

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMafia View Post
              So you don't get owned by the other people that practice more than you.
              I was being sarcastic. :P lol

Comment

I'll cut the BS and go to the point....practice is just a waste of time. There are 3 things you need in Bf2 to become a great pilot:

1) A pimped-out-rigged-high-class PC. That's it, if you don't have a pumped out PC you will NEVER fly good. You need 0 lag, 100% view distance, high rez and high settings to see tracers and etc.
                2) You need whether a good j/s or an advance mouse+KB. That means with regular m+KB you will only be average, you need a mouse with precice sensitivity and control. And the J/S makes you moves sharper and it's easier to control the jet. Choose whichever you are more comfortable with.
                3) Time. Just like anything, you need time to learn from your mistakes. Watch others, try new things and don't give up.

Over and out.

Comment

i am not to bothered i i am turd at flying, its just good fun.

Anyway, just practice as so many have said before me

Comment

Originally posted by kmak60 View Post
                    In bf2142 I owned the skies... now when I take off in a jet in BF2 (I went from 1942 -> 2142 -> BF2) I almost always get shot or crash.

:cry:

How long does it take before you can actually do some damage in Wake or Gulf of Oman?

1. Get a decent 3 axis joystick
                    Don't listen to those saying K&M is better, that is BS

2. As for missile magnets:
                    J10 > F18 > Mig > F35

Some skilled pilots manage to fly F35 really nice but still

3. Use bomber jets at your own risk

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleG View Post
                      I'll cut the BS and go to the point....practice is just a waste of time. There are 3 things you need in Bf2 to become a great pilot:

1) A pimped-out-rigged-high-class PC. That's it, if you don't have a pumped out PC you will NEVER fly good. You need 0 lag, 100% view distance, high rez and high settings to see tracers and etc.
                      2) You need whether a good j/s or an advance mouse+KB. That means with regular m+KB you will only be average, you need a mouse with precice sensitivity and control. And the J/S makes you moves sharper and it's easier to control the jet. Choose whichever you are more comfortable with.
                      3) Time. Just like anything, you need time to learn from your mistakes. Watch others, try new things and don't give up.

Over and out.

Practice is everything. Nobody can describe to you how to fly. You can be briefed for 100 hours before flying your first time, and you will still suck.

Practice first. Learn theories after.

Comment

Over and out.
                        i dont kno if its just me but doesn't number three sound like a different way to say practice, he does make good points though

Comment

I found an old Logitech WingMan Force 3D controller in my basement, I noticed I can do rolls easily but I tend to drift to the side for some reason. It seems overly sensitive too.

I might have another controller around here somewhere... will have to find it, I can def. see the advantages, but the one I'm using is from like 1995.

Comment

Originally posted by kmak60 View Post
                            I found an old Logitech WingMan Force 3D controller in my basement, I noticed I can do rolls easily but I tend to drift to the side for some reason. It seems overly sensitive too.

I might have another controller around here somewhere... will have to find it, I can def. see the advantages, but the one I'm using is from like 1995.
                            yeah the old logitechs seems to have buggy calibration. buy a 2005> logitech and you should be fine. Get the extreme 3d pro, $30 and twist rudder control, can't go wrong.

Comment

I can tell you right there thats a load of bull. most people who can fly can fly with pings of up to 80 easily and I am a decent pilot for the amount of time I am able to fly (K/d of 2.2) and all my settings are on low view distance at 100.

Comment

i guess i a better computer couldn't help, i do see what you meen

Comment

Working...
                                X