Mig Tips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mig Tips.

Right, the Mig has always been my stumbling point whilst in the air. Once my flares are have been spent, and the enemy missiles locked on, it's pretty much certain death.

With the F-35 you can stratorun, with the J-10, SU-30 and F-18 you can pull hard turns, with the F-15 and SU-34 you can pull an inverted loop, but with the Mig-29 nothing seems to work.

So to all the pro's on this forum, any tips in how to ditch the missiles in a Mig? Hit-box trickery perhaps?

Re: Mig Tips.

Press E? Dunno, works for me. I don't touch that jet much but stratorunning works a bit. Not a pro pilot either.

Comment

Search user Argamemnon or Argamenon or something similar to that. MiG hitbox can be tricked.

From myself- it depends on who youre up against. Against F35B, MiG will win unless youre vastly inferior in skill level. And this can go on. You just need to be a little more specific. Looks like youre not really a good pilot (no offense), because MiG is a really good dogfighter.

Comment

I always found the mig/f35 dogfights pretty balanced...flying under gas station on Oman + Uav spins shocks public players who have never stunted

Comment

the Mig, IMHO, is probably the worst jet in this game, some may disagree, but I find it is all offense and almost no defense compared to the j-10 and F-35, yes I meant to say the F-35. Hell, even the F-18 can skim the altitude limit and nose back down while the mig goes flying overhead and over shoot the F-18. Only way I compensate with the mig is to be always on the offensive, maps like clean sweep are a full time job killing aircraft.

The F35, given two equal pilots, will always pwn the Mig... two good pilots mind you...

Comment

There is some hitbox trickery. I've gotten it to work once or twice against N2K, but it's kind of hard to explain how to do. Pretty hard to do too...considering N2K always comes back and finishes me off anyway.

It has to do with adding 3D twist(if your joystick supports it, if you're KB/M, then just hit A or D) in to your loops and/or turns when the missiles get close enough. Pretty rewarding when you pull it off. I :O'd when it worked against N2K.

Comment

Originally posted by ||3RB||MOBB View Post
              the Mig, IMHO, is probably the worst jet in this game, some may disagree, but I find it is all offense and almost no defense compared to the j-10 and F-35, yes I meant to say the F-35. Hell, even the F-18 can skim the altitude limit and nose back down while the mig goes flying overhead and over shoot the F-18. Only way I compensate with the mig is to be always on the offensive, maps like clean sweep are a full time job killing aircraft.

The F35, given two equal pilots, will always pwn the Mig... two good pilots mind you...

That's what makes it so fun to fly, it's challenging.

Comment

Originally posted by ||3RB||MOBB View Post

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                Against F35B, MiG will win unless youre vastly inferior in skill level.
                I'm getting two conflicting arguements here from two people I believe to be great pilots. I'm afraid I'm going have to side with Mobb, I've never got to grips with the MiG. But this isn't a thread to decide which plane is best, but instead to discuss tactics used to dodge missiles.

Originally posted by ||3RB||MOBB
                Only way I compensate with the mig is to be always on the offensive, maps like clean sweep are a full time job killing aircraft.
                A "shoot them down before they get on my six" mentality. I shall try it.

Search user Argamemnon or Argamenon or something similar to that. MiG hitbox can be tricked.
                Yeah, I remember seeing that guy in a thread about this a while back.

Searched, to no avail.

You just need to be a little more specific.
                What do you do when you're in the MiG, your flares are spent, and there are two missles heading towards your nice, large heat-signature?

Or is the trick to not get to that situation?

Looks like youre not really a good pilot .
                I've always enjoyed flying in BF2, and always wanted to learn more and progress.

I've also got a 12.6 ratio mostly in the F-35, doesn't mean much, but it counts for something.

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty
                Uav spins shocks public players who have never stunted
                LOL, I love doing that. Especially in sandbox because you can place the trailers everywhere.

Originally posted by PrototypeJC
                It has to do with adding 3D twist(if your joystick supports it, if you're KB/M, then just hit A or D) in to your loops and/or turns when the missiles get close enough.
                Now thats the sort of thing I was looking for, thanks. I'll try it out.
                And I have the rudder set to two of the buttons on the top of my joystick.

Comment

Mig > Flying coffin(F35B). End of discussion.

Comment

You need to do something stupid to be on the defensive for a longer time than the flare shots require. Against F35B. And you can simply outturn the F18 in a loop war thanks to

1) Superior AB/noAB speed
                    2) Superior turn radius (although marginal)
                    3) 50% more AB time

MiG is VASTLY superior to the F35B, I dont really know where people get the idea of otherwise. Note that this is said by good pilots who probably play against worse adversaries and base their statistics on that.

You can dodge missiles with the MiG, so theres another added bonus, which also answers your question.

In my experience, it only takes 1-2 maneuvers to switch from defensive to offensive against F35Bs. Against pilots who dont utilize flyby view, all you need to do, is to make a looping barrel roll. Its that easy. MiG is a low altitude jet which can make the F35B simply never get a lock on. Refer to my jet data sheet. If you use the MiG in a dogfight higher than 350 ft, youre using it wrong. Stay low, and watch F35B pilot try a yo-yo or disengage, where you simply go after him. Except for the stratorun, F35B has no defense whatsoever.

Comment

Looks like youre not really a good pilot (no offense), because MiG is a really good dogfighter.
                      How wrong you are! Skaggy is king of the skies!

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
                        How wrong you are! Skaggy is king of the skies!
                        I had my doubts, because I consider MiG to be an excellent fly-by utilizer and a terrific dogfighter. My favourite jet is still the Hornet and I feel its better than the MiG, but against the F35B, MiG will simply tear it to shreds. Back in the <1.12 days, if you took a MiG and set it against the F35B, it was "invincible", just like the J10.

Comment

I think people get used to flying in certain ways and styles, which suit some planes better than others. In, fact, i believe the only time i have ever been able to shoot Skaggy down was J10 Vs his F35 and F18 Vs His MiG

Comment

my tactic is to just spin, loop, spin, spin, spin,loop as crazily as possible.

or just climb high

Comment

Indeed, you need to know all jets to be objective both in offensive and defensive when the situation calls for it.

Originally posted by Goldleader101 View Post
                              or just climb high
                              This move in the MiG means certain death.

Comment

Working...
                              X