Invalid CD Code?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid CD Code?!?

Well i tried to install my old BF2 disk onto my new pc, and the once i did that, installed the 1.41 patch and all that stuff, i started it to play online. After i retrieved my old accout (DrunkenGunner11) and it loaded up the main screen it said that the CD code was invalid. zomgwtf?

So i checked my old PC and the same problem occured. lol? so did EA like change the see dee codes or something? cause its really making me mad. I mean single player works fine, but mulitiplayer doesnt work. Im raging with anger right now. Did any of the new patches do anything? Cause i have no clue as to why my CD code wouldnt be valid...:shakehead:

Re: Invalid CD Code?!?

I had this same problem before. First, try this. Go to EAgames/bf2/support and click the Battlefield2_code and type it in again. If that doesnt work, like me, you'll have to uninstall it completely, selecting to delete profiles. Once re-installed, retrieve your account when you start the game up again. Hope this will work/help

Comment

alright then thanks alot! ill try that right now

o yeah and it says something about installing Euro forces... i have to buy it?

and do i have to uninstall my mods and modjive?

Comment

Its best to uninstall everything bf2 related to be on the safe side...but as for bf2 special forces, you dont need that no. Thats just if you were going to install them all, theres a certain order you have to do it in or sumthin :S but nevermind that.

Comment

to fix the invalid cd key problem

go to start>run>"regedit" and hit OK

then navigate
          HKEYLOCALMACHINE > SOFTWARE > ELECTRONIC ARTS > EA GAMES > BATTLEFIELD 2 > ERGC and in that folder there should be something called (Default)
          double click on (default) and in the value box, delete everything in there and type x9392 and hten ur cdkey w/o any spaces or dashes. then hit done or save or w/e

Comment

alright conscript ill try that and after im done dling the patch 1.41 ill give it a shot.

Thanks for all the help in advance. I forgot how good the community was in BF2 since my time in CS:S lol the difference is huge

well it worked and im right back into it! Thanks for all they help guys

Comment

Yes do what conscript said that will solve your problem, in the mean time build your anger up & take it out on the People online xD

Gud Lux

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                to fix the invalid cd key problem

go to start>run>"regedit" and hit OK

then navigate
                HKEYLOCALMACHINE > SOFTWARE > ELECTRONIC ARTS > EA GAMES > BATTLEFIELD 2 > ERGC and in that folder there should be something called (Default)
                double click on (default) and in the value box, delete everything in there and type x9392 and hten ur cdkey w/o any spaces or dashes. then hit done or save or w/e
                Well, I was able to join MP in before I patched up to 1.41. After patching invalid CD key error came. Now, I've tried editing the registry but it still gives the same error.. Any help?

Comment

then id do a full reinstall and if that doesnt work...then ur CD key mite be..truely invalid or stolen

Comment

Working...
                  X