A couple of helos questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of helos questions

I would like to be a better helo pilot, but I was wondering what the best sensitivity for yaw and pitch would be and if you can become as good a pilot with the mouse as with a joystick?
    Thanks in advance

Re: A couple of helos questions

I personally leave it at default settings I actually use a mouse as a pilot instead of my joystick cuz I suck at it lol mouse is easier IMHO...

Comment

I maxed my pitch, yaw, and sensitivity settings and even that's not enough for me.

Comment

It doesnt really matter. Just practice and you will get good at it no matter what your settings is set to.

Comment

Start at default then increase it bit by bit until it's maxed for both yaw and pitch as well as mouse. Going from default straight to max sensitivity...can be a bit disoreientaiting(sp?).:dead:

Comment

I fly with a joystick but I have one question concerning mouse; Helicopter mouse sensitivity suppose to affects also for your TV missile and chain cannon settings, right?

I'm not positive about this, but somehow, I've noticed high sensitivity settings register clicks better. If I switch between 0.4 (my old value) and 5 (current value), I can't see that much of an effect on TV guided missiles targeting crosshair speed, on a gunners targeting screen. What I've noticed, is that with value 5, your clicks gets registered more often, and so making guiding more accurate and easier.

Is it just me and my mouse getting broke, or have you guys noticed any similar effects?

Comment

Originally posted by ACE_FIN1972 View Post
              I fly with a joystick but I have one question concerning mouse; Helicopter mouse sensitivity suppose to affects also for your TV missile and chain cannon settings, right?
              Yes. I use the dpi buttons on my Habu mouse to lower the sensitivity all the way down when in the gunner seat. Normally 4.1 in game with the 1600dpi setting when flying, so I guess when I go down to 400dpi as a gunner it becomes about 1 as in game setting.

I've just tried the max yaw and pitch setting. Perviously I hadn't touched it before, choppers now feel more responsive and allowed me to lower the mouse sensitivity setting in game. 5 felt a bit nervous at 1600dpi.

Comment

Higher sensitivity means you usually click more to line up the shot. When you wobble the TV around, you get a higher chance of hitting the hitbox, hence higher sensitivity = better hits.

Comment

Hmmm....I'll have to try that next time using the TV missles and see how it works out.

Comment

Well, I tuned everything to max, my G7 mouse too. I feels pretty alright. I was practising at Dragon Valley in SP and wanted to try being both the pilot and the gunner, my problem with that is, when I switch to the gunners seat and wants to fire the TV, the chopper begins to spin after half a second after I've switched, which means I have to switch to gunners seat, right click and fire the TV very fast and when I switch back to pilot seat I have small problems getting the copper balanced again, how do you guys do that?

I would also like to know if any of you hardcore helo pros use mouse only.

Comment

I have turned mine right down to 1.00, and at default its 3.00 witch can make hovering and flying low throght tight city streets hard to do sometimes, this should also help give your gunner a steady shot as it will keep the chopper steady too.

Comment

Originally posted by SARCONTRACTKILL View Post
                        I have turned mine right down to 1.00, and at default its 3.00 witch can make hovering and flying low throght tight city streets hard to do sometimes, this should also help give your gunner a steady shot as it will keep the chopper steady too.
                        This is a perfect example of clueless-ness in choppers.

EDIT:

Helicopter
                        30:58:32 hours
                        328 kills, 987 deaths
                        KDR = 0.33

I think that explains a lot.

Originally posted by ACE_FIN1972 View Post
                        No it doesn't.

I'm not positive about this, but somehow, I've noticed high sensitivity settings register clicks better. If I switch between 0.4 (my old value) and 5 (current value), I can't see that much of an effect on TV guided missiles targeting crosshair speed, on a gunners targeting screen. What I've noticed, is that with value 5, your clicks gets registered more often, and so making guiding more accurate and easier.
                        Placebo.

Comment

I started flying with the mouse, then got a joystick and tried it. I went back to mouse.

Flying with a joystick is 'smoother' initially as far as rolling, spinning, circling, etc. But flying with a mouse is more intuitive and gives a lot more maneuverability. After practice you can attain nearly the same smoothness using a mouse.

I fly with mouse only and get a fair number of comments on technique from gunners. I fly with in game sensitivity maxed and mouse sensitivity on 800 DPI.

Plus, flying with a joystick rules soloing out.....which I would never do....right?

Comment

Originally posted by Churrasco View Post
                            I maxed my pitch, yaw, and sensitivity settings and even that's not enough for me.
                            Truth.jpg

Keyboard and Mouse is the optimal combination for flying helis. If you want more tips and strategies, check out my tutorial.

Originally posted by Hilde*dk View Post
                            Well, I tuned everything to max, my G7 mouse too. I feels pretty alright. I was practising at Dragon Valley in SP and wanted to try being both the pilot and the gunner, my problem with that is, when I switch to the gunners seat and wants to fire the TV, the chopper begins to spin after half a second after I've switched, which means I have to switch to gunners seat, right click and fire the TV very fast and when I switch back to pilot seat I have small problems getting the copper balanced again, how do you guys do that?

I would also like to know if any of you hardcore helo pros use mouse only.
                            If you want to see fast switching and firing, check out one of my instructional soloing vids. It's just a matter of practice... but I warn you: once you learn to switch rapidly, you can generate some pretty annoying bugs.

For chopper balancing after your TV shot, well... that will come with time and flying experience. Generally, if you're tilted to the left, your rotations will be greatly reduced. Downward angles help eliminate that too, at the cost of descending towards the ground... so if you're not comfortable with re-taking control of the heli after a shot, you might want to avoid that last technique.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilde*dk View Post
                              when I switch to the gunners seat and wants to fire the TV, the chopper begins to spin after half a second after I've switched, which means I have to switch to gunners seat, right click and fire the TV very fast and when I switch back to pilot seat I have small problems getting the copper balanced again, how do you guys do that?
                              yeh thats the case with everyone, trying to add some realism into it as it wouldn't just stay in position if nobody was controlling it.
                              its fairly simple to do once you get the hang of it. providing you are level when you switch you will be fine, it will just spin on the horizontal axis and not flip. if you find it too hard to pull off the shots straight away, face to the left of the target a bit so by the time you swap and fire you will be facing roughly in that direction. eventually you'll be able to guide from more off set positions.

Comment

Working...
                              X