can someone help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone help

hi is there a mod that is just for lan so you don't have to have an online account for, and has bots etc

many thanks

Re: can someone help

do you mean single player play? or you want to connect pc's within a house to play over LAN?

Legally, to play any multiplayer I think you have to login to EA's servers. Any other way round this is illegal and can't be posted here.

Comment

no MrD, you dont have to go online to play at all and its totally legal

I would suggest the mod Allied Intent in the meantime (while waiting for AIX's release)

Comment

Oh really? At the moment we have a discussion on coop lan games going on right at the moment in the PR forums and even in LAN you have to connect to EA's servers to login before going any further.

People have found they can't do anything and the only way I see round it is an adulterated .exe file without the connect to EA's servers line in it.

Comment

???
          use off line accounts.
          if you use your online account then of course it will want you to log in.

there is no modification of the EXE neccessary.
          -=edit for clarification=-

when you load up to the account selection screen, select "manage accounts"
          then create new account and change it so that the top tab instead of being on the default "online" account is swtiched to "offline"

then have the server start a coop game and everyone joins via the ususal method (double clicking on the server in the server browser window)

this works for lan and hamachi

if on the otherhand, you are connecting to someone elses coop server (via internet NOT lan) then you would have to use your online account.
          also, you need to use your online account to join via IP but if you are on a lan then that isn't necc. as the server will show up in the server browser window.

it sounds like some ppl may be confusing LAN & WAN

Comment

Working...
          X