Need A Gaming Mousepad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need A Gaming Mousepad?

If you're like me, you probably move your mouse, pick it up, move your mouse, pick it up. Gets kind of annoying eh? Well, I found a miniblog with a great idea, and I tweaked it to fit myself.

Take apart an old plastic 3-ring binder, and remove the two pieces of cardboard(only use 1 if you prefer a little less thickness). Wrap the cardboard in standard wax or parchment paper(the kind the butcher uses to wrap meat), and tape it in place with regular cellophane tape. It's as slick as those 30 dollar gaming pads, has great tracking and feel, and is big enough for us low sensitivity users.

Remember to clean off your mouses' feet, as some of the gunk on there can tear the wax paper.

For added slickness, wipe down the wax paper with Windex or another cleaning solution.

Another solution you could try, is to take a drive down to your local hardware store, and pick up a piece of polished marble tile in a size that fits you best, you can even get free samples sometimes, but they only cost about 5 bucks anyway. You can clean it every few weeks or months by setting it in the dishwasher with your dirty dishes.

I use my wax paper mouse pad with a Razer Copperhead(any laser mouse will track it great), and I haven't tested it with any optical mouse. Hope you guys try it too.

Re: Need A Gaming Mousepad?

Hmm. Sounds like something for the hardcore. Im going to shovel up this idea on the next LAN event in the casemod workshop LOL.

I prefer my mousepads with wristpads.

Comment

That is ridiculous, and this is coming from someone who just punched two gaping holes in his case.

It may work well, but fabric is nice on the hands.

Comment

hahahah i like that idea, ill try that next time i buy some rib-eyes. thanks for the tip bro.

Comment

Working...
        X