Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Errors/Game Crash

Hi,

I recently bought Bf2 + SF and i installed it. But i have 2 Video cards and was wonderign which might work best.

System Specs:

AMD Athlong(tm) XP 2800+
    2.13GHz 1 Gb RAM (sunno what kind)

Video cards:

GeForce 5200 FX 128 mb

ATi Radeon 9000 AGP PRo 128 mb

I know that the video cards suck but i have been youing the GeForce one. I have made a online profile as well as a offline. My game crashes everytime i go into the multyplayer/single player folders. Is it my video card's problem or my systems'?

Thanks

~Mlt

Re: Video Errors/Game Crash

i read some forums and it looks like theyre both really close. one thing to check is whether ur video cards are 128bit or 64bit. i think if u have 128bit for 5200, u can "flash" it to turn it into a 5500.

and does the game crash whn u click on a server? i use to have a fx5200 and it could play bf2 fine. so idk what's causing the crashes. a full reinstall is prob a good solution.

one thing to check is go to start>"regedit" hit ok
    then navigate
    HKEY LOCAL MACHINE > Software > Electronic Arts > EA GAMES >Battlefield 2 and make sure ur ergc folder is there. i remember my game would crash everytime i would try to join a server and hte problem was cuz the ergc folder was somehow missing

Comment

Re: Video Errors/Game Crash

Also has any1 else gotten the patch 14.1 then right before you finish installign a screen pops up and says that it has no been istalled then you go back to the install wizard and it says its been succesfully installled?

Comment

Working...
      X