Medic vs. Tank -The True Underdog Story-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medic vs. Tank -The True Underdog Story-

Yawn. I wake up and stretch my arms, sunlight pours through the glassless window of my dark hut. Death isn't so bad it seems, i've only been asleep 15 seconds. I remember watching the seconds tick away helplessly, taking the time to check my stats and select who I want to be re-born as; Medic - sometimes you have to give something back to the world in little brown packages of love. I'll go do my bit and get back in the fight, think I'll turn up in style in the M1A2 no-one is using.
    <OUTSIDE>
    Wait a minute, a dirty red has taken my tank and is trying to cap the flag, and I'm the only one here! Awww man I new I should have been AT/Spec/Eng, any of those would have been better. Now I'm going to take another 15 second nap from a SABOT shapped sleeping pill, if only there was a way a medic could take on a tank.

<WARNING - this technique only works against the less intelligent player, but hey, arn't there plenty of those around anyway?>

Get in sprint mode and run towards the tank. "TOWARDS" I hear you question in a little girls voice. Yes towards, and make sure you head around his back so he really can't see you. If you make it up to the body of the tank he won't be able to shoot you. So what now? Isn't he just going to drive away? Well if you were spec ops you'd have put some C4 on his armour plated ***, and this guy didn't take the time to work out what unit type you were before you dissapeared from sight. He now has 3 choices:

1. Sit there and be blow up from the C4 that has manifested in his mind
    2. drive away from you to get the angle to shoot, however this will only help give you the safe detonation distance for the C4 he's sure you put on him.
    3. Get out of the tank and leg it.

Trust me, 80% of the times i've done this the driver has jumped out, better no tank than death he's thinking, well give him both.
    All you have to do is get behind him (ever noticed how spec ops always C4 the back of the tank? That's why you're behind, it all adds to the illusion) and press E (or whatever your enter key is) repeatedly until they jump out.

Now all you have to do is drive away and reward his predictability with a SABOT enema.

The only risks you run are:
    1. Them realising your a medic and thus no threat and not getting out (it does happen, but hey, you were going to die anyway)
    2. They are an ATer in which case they'll probably put a frustrated rocket up your tush before you paint the floor with them, big deal.
    3. They're spec ops, but if you drive away quick enough he wont have time to C4 you up, he'll have his carbine out thinking he can pop you not realising you're getting yourself a new hardend steel ensemble.

Trust me, it not only works, it's funny.

-- The psyche of your enemy --

Re: Medic vs. Tank -The True Underdog Story-

So the tank wins.

Just say they're both medics. The tanker hops out, you're in the tank now. Tank wins.

Comment

What I do is jump onto the tank and hide (prone) in the gunner's cupola.

If a gunner comes in, knife/paddle him ASAP, better the knife because it won't give you away. From then on, you can shoot at enemies and they usually won't see you, considering that nobody expects hostile fire from a friendly tank. Sometimes you can get them to TK each other, especially with armoured convoys. If you're AT, scope in at the enemy tank and hopefully they'll fire a 120mm round at you (and end up hitting their teammate).

Comment

^^ i need to try this, whenever a tank comes near i dance like a fool!

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
          So the tank wins.

Just say they're both medics. The tanker hops out, you're in the tank now. Tank wins.
          Tank survives, one medic dies.....tank wins....yup, sound logic.

Comment

Great story AngelicThreat! Very well written. I'll be sure to share this with others....

Comment

I to have employed this trick many times, I remmber playing once on a wake server a full car load of troops are coming towards me from a distance (this only works if they actually see you!) so sure enough the driver see what he thinks is at mines being placed in his way, so being the pro player that he is he proceds to jump ouy of his car and try to "deffuse" the mine. he paused for about 10 sec trying to figure out wtf is going on in which time i proced to kill him shame the guy on the 50. got me lol..

//WgK

Comment

lol im trying it now

Comment

Alt + Tab to tell us..
                  Alt + Tab back to game... "You were killed by...."

Comment

Working...
                  X