Where is everyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is everyone?

Last night at 8:30pm EST as I looked the same time last week POE2 has lost 50+players WorldWide???

Our server alone hasn't seen any players besides myself and another clan mate of mine for 2days straight???

WTF is going on? Did people just get bored over it that quick? Did the "Ranked" symbol on some other servers pull players there..I don't think so cause I looked at them and didn't see hardly any names I saw before in ours or other servers. Its like everyone playing POE2 two weeks ago just stopped playing it or disappeared.

I'm afraid the Stat crap with vBF2 has done more damage than anyone would have ever dreamed to Mod creation and game play.... :shakehead:

Re: Where is everyone?

Every release has a population spike and then a slow downtrend over time. The population is still much better than it was pre 1.7. Then there was maybe 50 US players on in primetime...now I see around 200 scattered between the various servers. If this is about your server activity...well I can't answer that one.

The green line on the graph in the bottom left of this page should give an indication of the overall mod population trend before and after 1.7 hit.

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
      Every release has a population spike and then a slow downtrend over time. The population is still much better than it was pre 1.7. Then there was maybe 50 US players on in primetime...now I see around 200 scattered between the various servers. If this is about your server activity...well I can't answer that one.

The green line on the graph in the bottom left of this page should give an indication of the overall mod population trend before and after 1.7 hit.

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.p...t&ruleval=poe2
      yeah not much change if you look at that graph..but something sure is different.

Comment

Thus is the fate of all mods bearing the name "Battlefield 2"

Comment

Originally posted by sava700 View Post
          I'm afraid the Stat crap with vBF2 has done more damage than anyone would have ever dreamed to Mod creation and game play.... :shakehead:
          I wrote this is your other thread: either people don't know or don't care because they want something to blame, but BF 1942 reported stats...as did all its mods.

http://bftracks.net is one such global tracker.

You'll notice that some servers are still full
          Many of those players will migrate to the next version of their mod when they upgrade their computers or maybe they're waiting for their mod to match the standards of the one they're currently playing.

Here's the thing, DC was not an instant smash. It took several iterations, although people now remember it for what it became...not for what it started out as.

Keep in mind that its popularity was increased by 10's of thousands due to the Iraq war, a war far more popular than the one we're currently in. I pissed my Canadian buddy off the other day when I was pointing out what that war did to the conciousness of hundreds of thousands of teenage boys and adult men...many of whom were in the military. He wanted to argue that lots of boys liked war games in Canada. That may be true, but the fact remains that they sent 4500 soldiers and we sent over 600,000. There wasn't a household that wasn't affected in some way by the Gulf War. And there weren't very many males, and likely some females, who didn't want to put the smash on some [enter favorite Middle Eastern derogatory term].

With vBF2 being the next iteration of DC, there should be no surprise at its popularity. Yes, I hear people whine and cheer at their stats. But I also know that people play round after round after round despite earning as little as 6 points. They do this because it's fun and because, despite the blemishes, BF2 was and is a technological feat.

It had and continues to have the best graphics.
          It supported and continues to support the most players on-line simultaneously.
          It had and continues to have exceptional marketing power behind it.

BF2 reached into homes that hadn't ever played video games before. These people never come to these forums, they never heard of or consider such a thing as a mod. When you chat in-game with strangers, haven't you noticed that they say, this is my first mod, first time playing; or when you read comments on the forums do you notice that at least a couple ask the most odd question of all: what do I do to install this thing, how do I setup this TeamSpeak thingy, and will it mess up my normal game? Those types of things should indicate that we are scooping people who are not MOD savvy, and many who are not even computer savvy.

Look at my sig! How come someone ask that?!
          Yet that person is playing and having a blast doing it.

That graph isn't supposed to show you that we're losing players
          What is shows is that players are growing over time.

Comment

Try playing earlier in the day. Lots of the POE 2 players are in Europe. This afternoon, I checked and there were 232 players on the POE 2 AMR servers alone. That doesn't even include the POE 2 servers that aren't running the AMR system.

Comment

Originally posted by GrössKopf View Post
              Try playing earlier in the day. Lots of the POE 2 players are in Europe. This afternoon, I checked and there were 232 players on the POE 2 AMR servers alone. That doesn't even include the POE 2 servers that aren't running the AMR system.
              kinda hard to play during early day time.. there is this thing called "Work" that some of us do to pay for these servers we put up to waste away while nobody is playing on them.

Comment

Originally posted by sava700 View Post
                kinda hard to play during early day time.. there is this thing called "Work" that some of us do to pay for these servers we put up to waste away while nobody is playing on them.
                Try working 40 hours a week and caring for a terminally ill infant and then talk to me about having time to play. If I play a total of 3 hours in a week, that's a lot.

You could always move to Germany..

Comment

Try working 40 hours a week and caring for a terminally ill infant and then talk to me about having time to play. If I play a total of 3 hours in a week, that's a lot.

40? lol try 50-60 on a good week

But I always made time to play even after keeping up with a house,yard,wife,dog,cat,vehicles etc :yay:

Comment

I fuggin love Germany!!!!! Soooooooo many good memories there. Wacken Open Air FTW!!!!!!!!!!

I play on a few German servers as long a smy pings are under 150ms...if they get higher, things get skippy and I'll leave because I don't want to lag out the rest of the players.

Sorry to hear of your infant...as a father, I know it must be very hard for you. I wish I could do something to help.

--Jaws

EDIT: I'm a firefighter at McGuire AFB. I know a young man from Brick.

Comment

Originally posted by |D|-Jaws
                      EDIT: I'm a firefighter at McGuire AFB. I know a young man from Brick.
                      I used to work at Ft Dix.

Comment

Going to bump this cause in the last week I've not seen no more than 130players at peak time for this mod... I'm guessing school killed it off a little or something..but damn!

Comment

ugg.. we down to 100 now and even lower during the week..

:cry:

Comment

LOL nobody playing and nobody posting ....

Comment

Well, I can say that the vBF2 noobs went back to their ranked servers, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                              X