Good Realism Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Realism Mods

I'm looking for a good, clean mod that increases realism, whether it adds good blood or better blowback on guns or so. I'm trying to get a CLEAN, VIRUS-FREE mod that will not raise a red flag in punkbuster for multiplayer either. Thanks.

Re: Good Realism Mods

Exactly what your looking for.

Have a look around the site.

v0.6 is the latest version.

Comment

Originally posted by JDawssk8er98 View Post
      I'm looking for a good, clean mod that increases realism, whether it adds good blood or better blowback on guns or so. I'm trying to get a CLEAN, VIRUS-FREE mod that will not raise a red flag in punkbuster for multiplayer either. Thanks.
      Doesnt exist....you cant use any outside ad-ons when you want to play VANILLA BF2.....

Mods dont work that way, when you install a full conversion it creates a seperate "Game" different from your regualar BF2...you can play that all you want and it wont effect your normal BF2....but it also doenst effect your score in regualr BF2....

Comment

Hmm, is he looking for an alteration file to change his client and still play vBF2? That would be illegal.

The alternative is just to join the Reality Mod community. Download the client and join the servers after reading the usual stuff like the player guide (and unchecking "ranked servers" in the multiplayer browser!!!

Comment

Well, I want something where I can play single player with better realism, I don't really care about multiplayer, I just wanna have a more realistic experience.

Comment

Then PR is for you

Comment

realism +sp. either

A. download project reality. then download the sp addons.
              or

B. download bf2assault mod. and start playing(not as realistic as pr. but supports sp outa da dl install is a bit of a pain though(sorry)

new versions of pr with sp, usi with sp, aix, and assault mod are due out. but if u want realism so realistic that u can feel teh bullet bite you in teh ***. pr is for you. oh EVE of destruction has sp and realism too. but its vietnam. up to u.

Comment

the reality mod has a thriving singleplayer community - go to the forums on the official site to find out more.
                alternatively Spartan's mod is singleplayer centric and he is also a good friend of the PR community, so he's obviously a good egg

Comment

Yes PR is right for you, with SP downloads.

But if your looking for some more mods, some with SP support just check out www.blacksandstudio.com

Comment

There is no such thing as realism in a video game. Its practically an oxymoron. If you are interested in realism, join the military. Our men could use the help, but you might not even enjoy military games after a real tour of duty.

Comment

as fps doug said though,in the army if you get shot theres no respawn!

Comment

Originally posted by HaVOCK-ElEEt View Post
                        There is no such thing as realism in a video game. Its practically an oxymoron. If you are interested in realism, join the military. Our men could use the help, but you might not even enjoy military games after a real tour of duty.
                        pedantic rubbish
                        that argument holds still only because of the limits of current technology, not because it is impossible or undesired.

Comment

Originally posted by HaVOCK-ElEEt View Post
                          lol. so what word instead of realistic would you class PR, ArmA, OFP and lots of other games/mods out there then?

The fact is the "offical" class for game play is named "realism", which means the game aims to have realistic combat. Where the other class is "arcade" which is what BF2 fits into, along as many other games like Quake and the lot which take 20 bullets to kill a guy in with bunny hopping, C4 tossing and all the rest going on. Each is a very different type of game play and both are aimed at very different types of users.

Games will never be 100% true to life, if you expect that when you play a realism game then you probably should not be playing games at all.

Also it sounds like you are not 100% clear on what the definition on "reality" is, so here is a really quick one.

Realistic:
                          aware or expressing awareness of things as they really are; "a realistic description"; "a realistic view of the possibilities"; "a realistic appraisal of our chances"; "the actors tried to create a realistic portrayal of the Africans"
                          I hope that clears up your miss understanding of the term

Comment

I completely understand what it means. It actually supports both of our comments, depending on the way you spin it. Pointless though it is, its just semantics.

Semantics (Greek sēmantikos, giving signs, significant, symptomatic, from sēma (σῆμα), sign) refers to aspects of meaning, as expressed in language or other systems of signs.

Comment

Well, I want something where I can play single player with better realism, I don't really care about multiplayer, I just wanna have a more realistic experience.
                              I personally would recommend spartans BF2Assault mod over project reality as spartans mod has much better SP support.

no offense PR guys, I respect your work but your mod is primarily focussed on MP aspects.

Comment

Working...
                              X