HELP!!! Mod Crash???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!! Mod Crash???

well okay recently i got into mods so i download project reality and everything seemed to be working until i started it and a window popped up that said something like missing file (bf2.exe) so i browsed for it myself and found it and dragged it over to the shortcut thinking it would respond to it and work as if the shortcut needed the file to work... so the game amazingly opened up and i logged in and all! So everything so far is going good then when the main menu comes up whenever i click on single player, multiplayer, or community, the thing shuts down! EVERY MOD I EVER DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED FOR BF2 has done this... im pretty sure its not my graphic card... but ill take any help from anybody so... let me know what you think is up!

Re: HELP!!! Mod Crash???

remove game, all mods, delete all folders including profile directory. clear registry, defrag HDD, reinstall everything in this order :

retail BF2
    BF2 patch v1.41
    mods

Comment

wow thanks for the help... sounds like this might be a bigger problem than i expected ill try to firgure it out thanks!

Comment

nah, that's an easy method to getting the game to work. Sometimes you only end up repeating installing patch v1.41 until it sticks, guess it depends where you got the patch from.

But the above list is normal procedure for any windows program problems. After installing/uninstalling any program you should clear registry of problems and defrag with a decent tool like Diskeeper on "performance mode"

Comment

Thanks MrD, i have to say that i cant wait to play this mod i haven't had time to try out your answer to my problem but ill let you know when it works... because Battlefield 2 works fine... but hopefully this will fix the problem! im not aware of what Diskeeper is or what defragging means... but thanks for the info. I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY THIS MOD!!!

Comment

I had these "symptoms" too when I first downloaded v0.6: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/t24795.html

Can I ask, have you got BF2 in a custom folder? Rather than the default.

I.E: Somewhere other than C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy
              I had these "symptoms" too when I first downloaded v0.6: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/t24795.html

Can I ask, have you got BF2 in a custom folder? Rather than the default.

I.E: Somewhere other than C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2.
              You know Skaggy i am positively 100% that i do not have BF2 in a custom folder, actually i know that for a fact... um so i really dont know what could be the problem i took the same steps you did and im glad im not alone... but as you probably read this happens with every mod i download and install... i still havent taken the steps to uninstall it and all that... let me know if you come up with something.

Comment

Have you changed any hardware? especially GPU.

You might need to delete your shaders folder and reset up options to play before you can play again. That particular problem hjas occurred to many people.

Comment

i just want to know several things Mr.D and thank you for all your support so far... but is this going to guarantee it to work? and where can i find the shaders folder.. ive looked for it but had no success in finding it.

Comment

i know this isnt about the mod crashing but its the most recent thread.

i wanna download PR but do i really have to wait 7 hours to download it from a free account off file cloud or is there another place (thats free) thats faster?

Comment

Originally posted by booya8 View Post
                      i know this isnt about the mod crashing but its the most recent thread.

i wanna download PR but do i really have to wait 7 hours to download it from a free account off file cloud or is there another place (thats free) thats faster?
                      what i would do booya8 is just download it at night so in the morning you install it and its all ready to go... but if you just cant wait then do it now like on filecloud like you say but you'll have to wait... sorry :|: but if you have modjive... which i dont have which you can set up a free account on then it might be a little faster but i dont know how the program works. also try different links from every website you can find that's free. Your guaranteed to find one thats less busy and will download faster! that's what i do!

Comment

thanks, gamershell.com downloads it pretty fast in sbout 1.5 hours

Comment

glad i could help...

Comment

It's not about how fast you can download it, but how secure the files come down

Comment

true, but i was REALLY excited and wanted to play ASAP

Comment

Working...
                              X