Claymores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claymores

Those things are driving me nuts. The fact that a sniper (talking about karkand 64/64) runs in american base. Puts some claymores down, dies, get 2 kills and repeats it. That is making me so pissed off from time to time (not even mentioning the grenade spam).

Karkand is kinda made for grenades and claymores, I gotta agree with that, but even in larger maps like Wake Island 2007 I get killed from time to time by a claymore (0/5 KD thx to claymores). Ah well it'll probably be only me since I don't find that many threads about it on the forums.

Just wanna know your opinion.

Re: Claymores

Claymores are very effective weapons. I usually put em right at spawn locations or next to flags, valuable vehicles, then wonder off.

Comment

I can tell you're new to the forums lol.

These posts/rants happen (or used to) every day.

I personally hate everything about that map, and have switched over to (when I feel like playing IO) wake because if you play SMART it's hard to get hit.

I like claymores, just not when snipers use them as their default weapon.

Comment

Well I ain't really that new, I've been over here about 2 years ago and on BF2 to. (Qw3r0-Industries, 1st lieut) Started over again on Qw3r0 (Sergeant w00t! Loving Wake Island 2007 now with a good friend of me so thats great fun)

Comment

ideally it shouldnt be possible for a sniper to run into the Usmc spawn considering he # of ppl he has to get by, but ive learned and seen that no one shoots at him. they just chuck nades, and i think if the sniper is able to get by 10-15 guys w/o dying, he deserves the kills.

Comment

Well the fact that 10-15 people are trowing grenades and not even shooting with the gun (thus making it a secondary weapon) is IMO very annoying. Just as annoying as claymores everywhere, but ah well Wake Island > SaK

Comment

Originally posted by Qw3r0 View Post
              Those things are driving me nuts. The fact that a sniper (talking about karkand 64/64) runs in american base. Puts some claymores down, dies, get 2 kills and repeats it. That is making me so pissed off from time to time (not even mentioning the grenade spam).

Karkand is kinda made for grenades and claymores, I gotta agree with that, but even in larger maps like Wake Island 2007 I get killed from time to time by a claymore (0/5 KD thx to claymores). Ah well it'll probably be only me since I don't find that many threads about it on the forums.

Just wanna know your opinion.
              that would be karkand IO then...if it had tanks ect i find the nad spaming is limited ,also like con said if a sniper can make it in to the base with out getting killed he deserves the kill

the sniper is a weak class most of the stuff we do goes unseen,i use claymore in a variety of ways cover my back,flag or retreat,or any other way that suit the situation,i rely on my rifle for the most part but clays are in the kit..so they must be used.

being sniper to just drop clays would not give a good score/kdr at the end of the round imo.

just think more ppl die on the battlefield from grenades and g36e's than claymore's

this is not a rant at you ..just my opinon

Comment

Don't you people realize, it's not that it's karkand... karkand is a good map... it's the fact that it is 64 player karkand. Play 32 and this **** won't happen near as much... sure it happens but not nearly as often...

You go to karkand 64 and it sounds like a ****ing Mi-28 is raping everything with its cannons, but it's just 64 people throwing grenades... on top of that you have the snipers that rush you with claymores, on top of that that's where all the hackers hang out, on top of that, it is where the WORST players of BF2 are and the stat whores... so STAY the **** away from 64 karkand...

lawl

Comment

Thanks for the opinions but karkand is indeed not a fun map to play anymore, its mostly for the stats and Wake island is allot of fun since it has it all and a nice teamplay is required for both the teams.

Comment

When the sniper dies, the claymore should die with them. If a sniper kills me, ok ...but if I kill them, there's something not right about getting killed by a dead guy. Snipers should be off doing just that, sniping, and not hanging around a flag or spawn-point, looking for a cheap kill. Is there a time limit to claymores? When do they die, along with the dead guy that put them there?

Comment

Well I came from WoW so I'm pretty much used to things still happening / killing you when you kill the enemy (warlocks). I'm asking now, do the devs listen or has this stuff been going on for ages now?

Comment

its been going on for ages :P doubt there will be a new patch

Comment

Bf2 abandoned?

Comment

the claymore disappears when the kit that layed them disappears. so basically after you die, you claymore will still be there for a while after. 30 seconds to a minute maybe? not entirely sure about the time.

but yeh, as soon as you respawn it should be gone in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                              Don't you people realize, it's not that it's karkand... karkand is a good map... it's the fact that it is 64 player karkand. Play 32 and this **** won't happen near as much... sure it happens but not nearly as often...

You go to karkand 64 and it sounds like a ****ing Mi-28 is raping everything with its cannons, but it's just 64 people throwing grenades... on top of that you have the snipers that rush you with claymores, on top of that that's where all the hackers hang out, on top of that, it is where the WORST players of BF2 are and the stat whores... so STAY the **** away from 64 karkand...

lawl
                              I couldnt agree more! I never play on 64 players Karkand anymore, coz its impossible to get kills with something elce than nades. What i on the other hand love is to play Karkand with 25-30 players. Then its very little to no nade spamming and not that many claymore whores.

Btw, spamming C4 is SO much fun on Karkand!

Comment

Working...
                              X