Just tried it again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just tried it again...

When Dcon first came out, I gave it a shot and didn't like it. I decided to try the new version today. Now, I didn't play the previous version much because my first impression was bad, so I don't know if these problems existed in that version or not.

The two things that I found most annoying was that vehicles are way too "loose". The tanks move like you're on a sheet of ice in low gravity and the planes and helos move to the slightest move of the mouse, making controlling them very hard. It's kinda crazy that when a tank goes over a bump at high speed, it's front end goes way up in the air like you're in a dune buggy. Also, what's up with the insta-spawn? As soon as you move a vehicle, another instantly takes it's place? Seems a bit odd to me.

On the good side, the two maps I played (Desert Shield and Gazala) were nice maps. Gazala was a nice remake of the old BF1942 map, although not quite on the same scale. The remake feels a bit smaller.

Re: Just tried it again...

Originally posted by GrössKopf View Post
    The two things that I found most annoying was that vehicles are way too "loose". The tanks move like you're on a sheet of ice in low gravity and the planes and helos move to the slightest move of the mouse, making controlling them very hard. It's kinda crazy that when a tank goes over a bump at high speed, it's front end goes way up in the air like you're in a dune buggy.
    Its a known issue, and I believe the devs are looking into a way to make the tanks less...."light"

Also, what's up with the insta-spawn? As soon as you move a vehicle, another instantly takes it's place? Seems a bit odd to me.
    You must of been playing on a server side modded server....Dcon vannilla has longer spawns.

Comment

Originally posted by zuiquan1 View Post
      You must of been playing on a server side modded server....Dcon vannilla has longer spawns.
      Ah, ok.. I'll watch for that.. this was wierd.. as soon as I pulled a tank away from where it was spawned, another instantly appeared.

Comment

were u playing on a cdu server?they mod so theres always tons of vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by stephensolfo View Post
          were u playing on a cdu server?they mod so theres always tons of vehicles.
          Naa that wasn't on our server. While I do plenty of server side mods where there are extra vehicles. Usually I don't have 2 of anything spawn. If there are 2 fighter jets, you will see 2 fighter jets spawned separately. The only times I make things spawn multiple times is stuff like transports. Or on our El Al day 2, I have 3 attack helos spawning twice.

Also I never set it so the spawndelay is near instantaneous. Currently all maps have the 0.15b stock spawn delays on them. Except for day 2 where the apache an hind's have 30 sec delays. That map is a special circumstance though, the focus is the helos. I may tweak the spawn delays on all maps soon, but it will never be extremely short. I very rarely spawn anything quicker than 30 seconds. If I do, at the least it will be 15 and that will be because a map really needs it.

Like on outskirts of mosul. I have multiple boats spawn for Coalition and the respawn is at 15 seconds. Those first few mins are nasty if all the boats are stuck on the landing areas and everyone has to hoof it cause of a few assholes.

Comment

I'm not really sure what server it was... I picked it because the ping was ok and there weren't too many people on it...

Comment

Originally posted by =CDU=Junkoe View Post
              Naa that wasn't on our server. While I do plenty of server side mods where there are extra vehicles. Usually I don't have 2 of anything spawn. If there are 2 fighter jets, you will see 2 fighter jets spawned separately. The only times I make things spawn multiple times is stuff like transports. Or on our El Al day 2, I have 3 attack helos spawning twice.

Also I never set it so the spawndelay is near instantaneous. Currently all maps have the 0.15b stock spawn delays on them. Except for day 2 where the apache an hind's have 30 sec delays. That map is a special circumstance though, the focus is the helos. I may tweak the spawn delays on all maps soon, but it will never be extremely short. I very rarely spawn anything quicker than 30 seconds. If I do, at the least it will be 15 and that will be because a map really needs it.

Like on outskirts of mosul. I have multiple boats spawn for Coalition and the respawn is at 15 seconds. Those first few mins are nasty if all the boats are stuck on the landing areas and everyone has to hoof it cause of a few assholes.
              i always liek your guys server side modsthe more vehcile spawns makes everyone happy.

Comment

I'm not really sure what server it was... I picked it because the ping was ok and there weren't too many people on it...

I played on a server like that too.
                If CDU claims it's not them, I'll take that at face value.
                But there seems to be at least one server out there with insta-spawns.
                I experienced it after I hard landed a cobra on the helipad while in the red...I popped and the heli respawned before I landed on my own feet

Comment

The two things that I found most annoying was that vehicles are way too "loose". The tanks move like you're on a sheet of ice in low gravity and the planes and helos move to the slightest move of the mouse, making controlling them very hard. It's kinda crazy that when a tank goes over a bump at high speed, it's front end goes way up in the air like you're in a dune buggy.
                  We're aware of this issue and will be trying to fix it as best we can for future releases.

Also, what's up with the insta-spawn? As soon as you move a vehicle, another instantly takes it's place? Seems a bit odd to me.
                  My guess is if you weren't playing a modded server you were playing Eastings. The spawn times have been adjusted on that map as well as some of the other DC remakes. Most of the ones I did are based on the spawntimes in Desert Combat.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

i love the insta spawns, especially with helos and jets.

an 8 jet dog fight is alot of fun!

Comment

Working...
                    X