This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this good?

Hi, I was looking at a new computer for gaming, especially this one. My dad said I can't get a desktop, so I have to settle for a laptop. Anyway, this is the one I was looking at: http://www.alienware.com/configurato...de=SKU-DEFAULT
    The way I configured it was to have 2 GB memory, 80 GB hard drive, AMD Turion™ 64 Mobile ML42 2.4GHz 800MHz FSB 512KB L2 Cache, Dual 256MB NVidia® GeForce™ Go 7900 GS - SLI Enabled, and Windows Vista Premium. Is that good enough to run BF2 with all settings on high? If it is more than enough, than please tell me if I can take off some of the stuff cause its like $2200. I'm not rich. Anyway, ALL the help I can get would be WONDERFUL and MUCH APPRECIATED!

Re: Is this good?

it will run bf2 non high no problems.

Comment

But can I take some of the stuff off and still run it on high?

Comment

You could take off one of the graphics cards and still play on high.

Comment

sli lappy's? just curious, but how much? four grand?

yikes.

Comment

so instead of having TWO 256Mb Geforce 7900s, I can have only ONE? THat doesnt seem very good. Is it?

Also, It costs about $1899.

Also, its not SLI enabled if its only ONE GeForce7900 256 MB.

Comment

^ yeah, SLI = two video cards. SLI is not necessarily needed. i dont know much about it since itll be years b4 i ever upgrade again

but check out this thread. i think the general answer is that SLI isnt really needed. http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119870

Comment

Working...
              X