How to setup mouse (Logitech MX518)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to setup mouse (Logitech MX518)

I just bought myself a Logitech MX518, and would like to have some tips on how to set it up. Also from people using a different mouse.

There are two buttons near the thumb, one button above the scroll wheel and two below. The two buttons above and directly below the scroll wheel are by default used to switch sensitivity.

So how would you set the buttons up?
    Are you (or would you be) using the sensitivity buttons for just that? Or would you assign different functions to them?
    What sensitivity do you use? Just one (which one?), or all three (which three?).

At the moment I feel for using a default sensitivity of 800 dpi (or a bit higher), and to be able to switch in game to one lower (400 dpi for accurate aiming) and one higher dpi (1600 dpi for quick actions like in tanks to move the turret around quickly).

And I think about assigning the buttons near the thumb for selecting knife and pistol, as I'm usually too late when using the 1 or 2 keys of the keyboard.

But anyway, I'd like to know your setups and tips, even if you are using a different mouse.

Re: How to setup mouse (Logitech MX518)

I got MX518 too. I use different sensitivity settings, (i havent installed heavy drivers to i got 3 of them), lowest sensitivity to sniping, medium for everything else. Highest I use in some other games.

Also.. I assigned other of the extra buttons to view the map, very useful for good situation awareness and flying. And the other is free camera view for choper and jets

Comment

By the way, can anyone help me on how to setup the sensitivity buttons for other functions? Currently BF2 doesn't seem to recognize these buttons when I try to assign one of these buttons to some other function like map view or something. Same for the document switch button.

Comment

Keep the sensitivity buttons as they are. You can prevent the document flip crap by uninstalling the setpoint drivers (they're pretty useless anyway).

Install the "HID-Compliant Mouse" driver that comes with Windows.

Comment

Working...
        X