Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a Realistic Night Vision

=- The Night Vision -=

Night vision is the ability to see in a dark environment. Whether by biological or technological means, night vision is made possible by a combination of two approaches: enhanced spectral range, and enhanced intensity range.

The thing is, the night-vision effects in Battlefield 2 or Project Reality for a matter of fact seem to be revealed the wrong way because the Night Vision Device especially the Generation III goggle doesn’t have everything all lighted up or in a shape of a binocular due to the fact that there’s an oval see-through shape centered in the middle of an image when you’re looking into it. Think of it as looking through a sniper scope, except using two eyes.

So this is how it should've been displayed:

Correct

Incorrect

Military Photo Converted:

This is what it would be like in the first-person view, as if yourself are looking through the night vision.

In-Game Purposes:

Black Hawk Down: Scene in the Movie

No comments, you get the idea if you have seen the movie.

Call of Duty 4:

Call of Duty 4 did a great job with their visual and effects, such as laser guiding through the dark, but since we're talking about Night Vision, let’s see their preferred style

First thing first, I do not know if those horizontal lines created by the NVG really existed, but look at the way they designed a first-person view of the goggle. They created it so that there's only a minor dark optical view, what this does it’s allow player to still use their peripheral vision in the game, without going hesitated at the real life counterpart and also instill with the reality. Also, please note that this style is almost the same as the one in Project Reality, except there's no top and bottom ridge in the center of the screen.

Re: Creating a Realistic Night Vision

Lol nice one, you have a lot of time on your hands don't you Katie.....

Comment

I guess you can say that >_>

Comment

Me too, I'm bored at work.

Comment

Yeah just about to say a lot of time

Comment

interesting...btw the pics really made me want to watch Black Hawk down again. good movie

Comment

Working...
            X