guys need urgent help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guys need urgent help

i installed bf2 on my computer and i downloaded the pathes for it upto 1.41. after doing this i decided to play this and it ran perfectly, the second time i tried i came up with an error message of somesort... so i keeped clicking the desktop short cut and eventually with about 10 double clicks later i got in and played fine.the next time i couldent even get in even while i was spamming the shortcut and i couldent get past the error message. i have deleted the caches in my docs>bf2 aswell. and i have uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same problem and i have selected the corrected screen setting and hertz

i am running mad athlon 2.2ghz
    1gb of ram
    512 Nvidea en76000gs top silent
    and dirctx 9.0^

The error message that kept coming up had was 5b06_appcompat.txt i dont know wth that is.........But i dont have genuine windows......could this be the problem?

in advance thank you anyone that can help me

Re: guys need urgent help

That might be a problem. Try checking to see if you have that file in a BF 2 directory, it might mean it's missing. Try to re-install as well if the file isn't there or if it keeps doing that.

Comment

yeh i did, re-installed it like twice and it was still the same error message..... but when i keeped clicking the icon the game came up but this has only happened twice when i have actually played the game physically on my comp so i know it can run it....

any other ideas?????

Comment

Comment

lolz sorry but that site is kinda useless but tyvm 4 the link

Comment

Open in notepad and post the text of your appcompat.txt file here. One of us may be able to help.

Comment

ok man will do... just need to get the cds back off my mate... should be a couple of days
              thank you very much if anyone can help

Comment

Working...
              X