Bomb scopes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomb scopes?

I was just thinking it would be cool if the bombers had these where instead of having the cockpit dissapear by pressing 9 it switches you to a bomp scope which has a view of the ground and a line with markings on it that shows where the bomb would drop if you droped it then and at what speed.

for example

I 1,000
    I
    I
    I 900
    I
    I
    I 800
    I
    I
    I 700
    I
    I
    I 600

I don't know if this would be possible but I think it would be cool for the bombers to actually be able to see below them and be able to drop bombs from higher altitudes and know where they will land instead of having to do quick fly overs of the field of battle and be easy fighter pilot prey. I don't think it would unbalance the game as they would still have to come down to reload.

Re: Bomb scopes?

i remember from other flight combat simulators, the bomb "view" had basically a line and at the bottom was an X and the X marked where the bomb would land. and the line would constantly adjust to ur plane's angle, speed, and altitude. but personally i think right now in vanilla its fine.

Comment

Comment

With each mod picking different aircraft speeds, different view distances and different ceiling heights (go for 5k ceiling and 1k viewing with PR!!!!) whatever is put in the HUD would have to be learned by rote by players to each mod.

And that covers you pretty much only if you view your aircraft as travelling at a fixed constant speed. Nice idea, but HUDs are limited in number really and going by real aircraft HUDs need to researched properly, so get those reference pictures out to help demonstrate the need and viability of such HUDs !!!

Comment

Originally posted by zuiquan1 View Post
          that reminds me of some Pearl harbor movie i saw.

Comment

Working...
          X