Are BF2 accounts ever deleted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are BF2 accounts ever deleted?

I'm surprised that I can't find a straight answer to this question considering how much time and effort usually goes into acquiring rank. Does anyone know for sure what EA's official position is on this?

Re: Are BF2 accounts ever deleted?

accounts are only deleted if you delete them.

Comment

If they were deleting in-active accounts, you wouldnt have a problem trying to find out of they delete them or not. So i'd have to say no, they dont.

Comment

how do u delete accounts? i wanna restart one of my other accounts which i played on a few years ago

Comment

Originally posted by CronoX114 View Post
          how do u delete accounts? i wanna restart one of my other accounts which i played on a few years ago
          Almost for sure that there is no way to delete them, although i think its possible to re-name them.

Comment

On login go to Account Management and then click on one and click delete. The stats will still exist, it simply will not be in your opening log-in screen anymore. There is no way to rename an account.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Is_Scary View Post
              On login go to Account Management and then click on one and click delete. The stats will still exist, it simply will not be in your opening log-in screen anymore. There is no way to rename an account.

Cheers
              I thought he was talking about something totally dif? Nevermind then :P

Comment

What I meant to say is are your account stats ever deleted for long periods of inactivity (for instance)?

Comment

You cant delete them or rename them the stats are there to stay the only thing you can do about them is remove them from your log in account selection. EA does NOT delete inactive accounts. If you get caught Hacking or stat padding your stats may be reset and make it immposible for you to gain rank on that account but your account will not be deleted for being inactive.

Comment

Originally posted by McCloy
                    What I meant to say is are your account stats ever deleted for long periods of inactivity (for instance)?
                    I have an account that hasn't been used since Dec 2005 that hasn't lost stats.

Comment

I don't think they are ever deleted.
                      Accounts I've created and used for a couple days 1-2 years ago are still around.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper1432 View Post
                        accounts are only deleted if you delete them.
                        that doesn't delete them from the database

Comment

Working...
                        X