Game controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game controller

Would it work with BF 2? I also have F.E.A.R., CoD 2 and Half-Life and Counter Strike.

Would a game controller work for these games? I have a laptop and the touchpad is killing me lol. Thanks for the support.:salute:

Re: Game controller

It might work. you could probably use joy2key program to assign keys.

"Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

PC gamepads are not very good. 99% of games are easier to use keyboard/mouse with, alot easier. Seeing as gamepads keys are very limited, thats also an issue with many games because there are not enough buttons. From my experience, for the most part... the only games worth using a controller for are sports games, or badly ported console games.

Comment

I should just get a mouse then? Cuz it would be easier since I travel alot and can just whip out the controller and bam, ya knoes?

Comment

Yeah i would highly suggest a mouse over the controller.

Comment

bump. I get a controller right, but joy2key only works for joysticks doesn't it? How would I configure the keys to a controller itself?

Comment

I think most controllers come with software that will let u do that, atleast mine did.

Comment

Just saying,if you played counter strike with a joystick,you would be dead in 10 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by stephensolfo View Post
                  Just saying,if you played counter strike with a joystick,you would be dead in 10 seconds.
                  He's wants a controller, not a joystick. But either way, wont get a single kill, lol.

Comment

Hmm I'll buy a mouse than. I'll just have to find a USB one, most are PS/2 which Dell apparently hates >.> I might just buy a controller, see if it works good, and if not just return it and say it's defective lol Always keep those receipts!

Comment

Watch where you buy it, some will only exchange Don't know anything about Dells but i find it hard to believe they don't like PS/2 mouses, it would be your pc if your having problems with that.

Comment

No I meant my laptop has four USBs and no PS/2 inputs, so I bought a mouse a while back and there was no PS/2. I can't find any USb mice at Wal-mart so I might have to go somewhere else or order a mouse online. Wal-Mart would exchange a controller with the receipt

Wal-Mart is like five minutes from my house sooo yeah >.>

Comment

Wal-Mart is so dumb with exchanges, i know a couple people who used to steal from them and then return the item and get cash back without a receipt... Lol, they let you do it like 5 times i think it is.
                          Anyway, go to ebay for a mouse. You can get them really cheap, just read the description good and make sure your not buying a mini/compact mouse as some sellers like to let that detail slip in the title. If not ebay i would check out newegg, they are the best online pc parts/accesseries store around.

Comment

lol I used to do that... o.o I plead the fifth. Anyway I'll be in the wal-mart neighboorhood tommorrow and if I can't find a decent lookin' mouse or controller than I'll check em out, thanks.

Comment

i meant game controller sry not joystick.

Comment

Working...
                              X