Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOIP problem

Hello,

Everytime I try to use VOIP in BF2, it works fine at the start. Then, (for some reason) it just switches off. I go to the Audio settings and "Enable VOIP" in unchecked. It works fine for a while, then it randomly switches off. It's really annoying. I try to switch it back on, but it will not work. When I check it and press Apply, it switches off again.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

Re: VOIP problem

I cant get my VOIP to work either, i used to wonder why more peep didnt talk, but i think i figured out that it just full of bugs or something, i finally gave up on VOIP.

besta luck

Comment

Yeah my voip doesnt work either. It is just a bug. A reinstall might help.

Comment

Tried calling EA, they told me to try an manual uninstall (going through registry and all of that). Then I tried going back onto a server and it still gave me problems.

Whatever, I guess I'll just leave it.

Thanks for your replies guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer360 View Post
          I go to the Audio settings and "Enable VOIP" in unchecked. It works fine for a while, then it randomly switches off. It's really annoying. I try to switch it back on, but it will not work. When I check it and press Apply, it switches off again.
          May or may not help, BUT....

That was happening to me when I trying to use EAX under Vista (which isn't directly supported) with the help of Alchemy... blah, blah... [rant]Creative Labs sux!@!![/rant] :cry:

Anyway, try not using EAX. (You have checked in your screen shot.) That might be your problem. That's what fixed it for me, with the final fix being ditching Vista altogether and going back to XP.

Edit: Another thing... since you have EAX enabled, why do you have the Audio Render set to Software? :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
            May or may not help, BUT....

That was happening to me when I trying to use EAX under Vista (which isn't directly supported) with the help of Alchemy... blah, blah... [rant]Creative Labs sux!@!![/rant] :cry:

Anyway, try not using EAX. (You have checked in your screen shot.) That might be your problem. That's what fixed it for me, with the final fix being ditching Vista altogether and going back to XP.

Edit: Another thing... since you have EAX enabled, why do you have the Audio Render set to Software? :shock:
            It was set there by default. So disabling EAX might help?

Comment

Originally posted by Killer360 View Post
              It was set there by default. So disabling EAX might help?
              You won't know until you try.

Remember, though, that I had the exact symptoms you did, but only under a specific set of conditions: Vista, Audigy 2 + Alchemy, and EAX enabled. Once I stopped trying to enable EAX, VOIP functionality returned to normal.

But if your setup is different (different OS, different soundcard, etc.), then this solution might not help you.

Comment

Working...
              X